Thread: Just a quirk or need for concern

Default Just a quirk or need for concern

The last couple of months my 4 year old boy squirrel has taken to licking a particular spot on one of the branches i have in his cage for exercise. The branches have no bark and have been in the cage for a while. Nothing health wise has changed and behaviorally he is the same.
    Im just wondering if this a new quirk that is the enigma of him or is there something I need to be concerned about.
    He had MBD a couple of years ago and Im very lucky to have been able to get him back where he should be and Im hyper terrified that something els is going to crop up. He is the sunshine of my life and I want to do right by him.
    Anyone else experience this or am i letting fear get the best of me?

Default Re: Just a quirk or need for concern

I think this is just a quirk. I’ve never heard of any medical issues or concerns because of licking a branch, unless it’s a new branch that could have something toxic on it.

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

Hilbillygirl (02-12-2021)

So in June my little man will be 5. I-need suggestions for his big milestone birthday....Treats, squirrel friendly cake, etc.

I think there’s some suggestions for cakes or other yummy things folks have made for their squirrels in the Nutrition section.