Thread: When did wild bites get so cheap?

Default When did wild bites get so cheap?

I've been using healthy bites, just went to re-up and noticed wild bites are half the price and the same nutritional value. Almost positive this hasn't always been the case. Am I wrong? I know they say "on sale" right now but it seems to indicate that the sale is less than a dollar off regular price. Cross checking with amazon the wild bites are about the same cost as every other bag of bites. So what's the deal here? Are they on sale for ~half off? Or have they just gone down in price since the last time I looked at em?

Default Re: When did wild bites get so cheap?

Wild bites has always been significantly cheaper than the other varieties. The price on Amazon is ridiculous. It’s much better to buy straight from Henrys Pets.

The best deal on Henrys Pets is the bag of mixed blocks. They don’t always have them available. Granted you don’t know which blocks are in the bag, but if you don’t have a squirrel that’s picky or if you’re feeding wilds they are the most cost effective to purchase.

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

Buddy (12-17-2020), island rehabber (12-17-2020)

MoB, I recall you are NY State licensed? Henry's offers a rehabber discount as well, just ask. My two cents re: wild bites is that they have more nut content in them than the other blocks, so I would not feed them daily to a non-releasable or captive squirrel. Otherwise they are great.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

5. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to island rehabber:

Buddy (12-17-2020), stepnstone (12-17-2020)

Oh, that's good to know. I actually thought that the wild bites has less nuts content and more wild ingredients; thus it's cheaper. And that's the reason I thought Buddy doesn't like them as much (compared to picky or hazelnut version).
    Animals are magical....Thank you everyone who tries to help them, save them tirelessly...

I also think the primary nut in the wild bites is peanuts, which are cheaper and not as healthy as the other types of nuts.

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

Buddy (12-17-2020)

Thanks! I'll give more from the other kinds to Buddy then. I was kind of rotating between all 3 kinds (Hazelnut, Healthy and Wild).
    Animals are magical....Thank you everyone who tries to help them, save them tirelessly...

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    I also think the primary nut in the wild bites is peanuts, which are cheaper and not as healthy as the other types of nuts.
    See, and I read something in one ofthe reviews somewhere that someone commented that the bag says "peanuts" and the ingredients list doesn't list peanuts and Henrys' response was that it's a typo on the bag, there aren't peanuts.

And yes, technically I am licensed, but I don't really consider myself a rehabbber. I simply went through the motions to cover my ass once I realized this one was going to be long term. Thanks for the heads up about the rehabber discount though, I'll contact them and find out how to make use of it.

My girl likes wild bites though. It's been a battle to get her to eat the healthy bites. Hence the other thread I posted the other day about revamping her diet, which has been healthy bites and nuts.... so if wild bites are mostly nuts.. makes sense she likes those more..

My main concern is avoiding MBD in the future. No signs of it now or anything but I know onset can be sudden and without much/any warning. And she's "captive" and hates the outdoors. So... vitamins?

I just pulled out my bag of wild bites from my freezer. The first ingredient listed is peanuts.