Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sad 3months squirrel

Default Re: Sad 3months squirrel

Quote Originally Posted by stephvaniee View Post
    He’s been sleeping mostly, he keeps wanting to sleep on my hands and not in his bed...
    That means he's seeking heat. ANother sign something is wrong. You could place a heaating pad under his transporter/cage, or put a rice buddy or hot water bottle in his nest. And yes, do keep him well hydrated - if he ate something he wasn't supposed to while out there, it would help him eliminate whatever is left.

Poor lil guy
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Scooterzmom from:

Buddy (12-01-2020)

"Rash on the tummy" - what's that about? Can wee see a picture? He may have parasites. When you released him, did he go willingly?
    We live in a heaven created by our virtues --- Muktananda

Whats his diet like?

Lethargy and loss of appetite points to mbd

Something is definitely not right with your little guy. He has to get some nutrients. As others suggested, formula is always good and the Pecan flavored Ensure is well liked. When they are dehydrated they don’t want to eat.

Have you checked him over thoroughly for any scratches or wounds possibly from a cat?

I assume you’re keeping him inside?

Treating him for parasites might be a good idea. It certainly won’t harm him. What do others think about this idea?

6. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

Buddy (12-02-2020), stepnstone (12-02-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post

Treating him for parasites might be a good idea. It certainly won’t harm him. What do others think about this idea?
    I think it is a good idea, using an old faithful like Strongid to worm him. BUT -- I wouldn't do so until he is fully hydrated and has some good food in his system; "worming" often causes diarrhea and that could further debilitate this poor little guy.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to island rehabber from:

Buddy (12-02-2020)

Hi. Aside from the nutrition/medical advice posts I'm seeing, his behavior and general 'neediness' caught my attention. Especially in one post you said he had come home seemingly really tired, and then by the next day he was back to normal energetic self. And he wants to be touched and held.... maybe he's just not able to handle being on his own? As the winter comes on (if you have winter where you are), this may get even worse. Perhaps consider what you can provide to house him in the longer term if it comes to that.

10. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Tinkerbelle from:

Buddy (12-02-2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12