Thread: QUESTION ABOUT FOX VALLEY

Default QUESTION ABOUT FOX VALLEY

Can anyone tell me if the formula for Fox Valley has changed?

I just got my new order for fox valley 20/50. I've been purchasing that for many years now. Love the way it smells like vanilla shake. Today's however didn't. It has the scent of bubble gum.
    To all my babies past and present..
    Thank you for showing me how to love
    and be loved unconditionally....
    RIP Timothy

Default Re: QUESTION ABOUT FOX VALLEY

WOW!! No one?? Am I the only one who orders FV, or the only one who's noticed a difference if how it smells? Not even on Facebook has anyone replied. I even emailed Henry's healthy pets and got zero.

I would love to know if maybe I just got a bad batch or perhaps the wrong sticker was slapped onto the package of squirrel formula 20/50 BECAUSE my girls won't drink it.
    RIP Timothy

The one I got maybe a little over a month ago was still smelling like a vanilla shake.
    Animals are magical....Thank you everyone who tries to help them, save them tirelessly...

I order the same formula every month and I have been doing so for a few years several years and it always smells the same vanilla shake. The one I just got does not smell like that it has like a bubble gum bazooka bubble gum type of smell to it.

I know Fox Valley makes formula for other wildlife and rodents and I'm just thinking that somehow this is not squirrel formula but the label was put on by mistake. It's very frustrating and I would really love to solve this mystery. In the meantime my Heather and Rosie won't drink it. Heather takes a couple of licks while Rosie will have nothing to do with it. I just want to know that it's safe and whether I need to order again I hope the company will get back to me soon.
    RIP Timothy

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to TinyPaws from:

Buddy (11-29-2020)

Don't know for sure but if they went bad, would they smell bad (instead of like bubble gum)?

I would try to call the company and find out. I think that's that seems to be the best/safest way.

Sorry, I know it's frustrating...
    Animals are magical....Thank you everyone who tries to help them, save them tirelessly...

7. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Buddy from:

TinyPaws (11-29-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by TinyPaws View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the formula for Fox Valley has changed?

I just got my new order for fox valley 20/50. I've been purchasing that for many years now. Love the way it smells like vanilla shake. Today's however didn't. It has the scent of bubble gum.
    Me! I messaged the company about this on Monday...no reply yet.
    Here is what i wrote to them......." Hi, I have a question about the 20/50 squirrel milk I ordered last week. This is the sixth bag I have ordered for my rehab squirrel. He is 24 weeks old and still wants his milk! Anyway, the previous five bags smelled delicious, like vanilla that you could put in your coffee. The bag I received this week smells like Tutti Frutti. He doesn't have a problem with it but I was just wondering if you changed the flavor or formula?
    Thanks!"

I spoke with Nick, the owner and it was extra banana that was added to only one batch by mistake and without his knowledge. The regular vanilla flavor has been fixed.
    RIP Timothy

10. Serious fuzzy thank you's to TinyPaws from:

RamaMama (12-09-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by TinyPaws View Post
    I spoke with Nick, the owner and it was extra banana that was added to only one batch by mistake and without his knowledge. The regular vanilla flavor has been fixed.

Well thats interesting. Thanks for getting to the bottom of the mystery. Now I have to wonder about their quality control if an employee can just add something to the formula without permission?! Hopefully this is Georgie's bag.

I wouldn't worry about the quality. It wasn't an employee. Nick's son took the liberty to try something new and Nick chewed his ass good and reminded him that it's Nick's company and don't over step procedure again. So it's a 1 time thing.
    RIP Timothy

13. Serious fuzzy thank you's to TinyPaws from:

Mel1959 (12-10-2020)