Thread: 8 1\2 yr old loud squeeling

Default 8 1\2 yr old loud squeeling

Rocco is roughly 8~9 yrs old. He's lost his teeth, appears to have gone blind in one eye and perhaps loosing vission in the other. I took him to the Vet a yr ago and was told that he had 2 masses that may be cancer. Last week he started throwing fits. Squealing in distress very loudly. He stops when I pick him up and comfort him. Other than his vision he has been somewhat lethargic or just very very subdued. I guess its mostly age slowing him down.

Very concerned and need help.
    I would hate to have to euthanize him, but if he is in pain as I think he is...

I dont know what to do.

He's been with me for 8 yrs.

Please help

Default Re: 8 1\2 yr old loud squeeling

He seems to be drinking very little as of late. He may be getting a little dehydrated. I feed him Avocado, mushrooms, spinach blueberries and grapes. Some Walnuts and pecans and cheerios

Quote Originally Posted by ENZO View Post
    Rocco is roughly 8~9 yrs old. He's lost his teeth, appears to have gone blind in one eye and perhaps loosing vission in the other. I took him to the Vet a yr ago and was told that he had 2 masses that may be cancer. Last week he started throwing fits. Squealing in distress very loudly. He stops when I pick him up and comfort him. Other than his vision he has been somewhat lethargic or just very very subdued. I guess its mostly age slowing him down.
    Very concerned and need help.
    I would hate to have to euthanize him, but if he is in pain as I think he is...
    I dont know what to do. He's been with me for 8 yrs.
    Please help
    Quality of life should always be the first consideration...
    No animal should have to suffer, this is why we do what we do.
    Regardless if it's nourishing to help them develop, treating to help them heal,
    or keeping them safe and loved to help them cross over. This is who we are.

You've known and loved this baby for eight years. You know him, you know what he's going through.
    No one can make this decision for you but if it's his time, you can make the right decision for him.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

4. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to stepnstone:

Chirps (12-23-2020), island rehabber (12-23-2020), TubeDriver (12-23-2020)

Would you consider another vet visit?
    I see your also in FL, I'm not sure what vet you went to but I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Emerson in Port Orange, I know things are so messed up now and face to face conversation isn't going to happen. However she still will see your baby.
    Possibly there is something that can be done, maybe not but then you can make an informed decision.
    I hope this helps you in some way, I know how hard this is for you
    Charley Chuckles gone from my arms FOREVER in my heart 8/14/04-3/7/13
    Simon, our time was too short together, but you gave us so much love, be with CC now 3/7/14

The "CHARLEY CHUCKLES MEMORIAL RAIL TOUR" leaves the station choo chooo
    *Deland,FL. *Washington DC *Boston (Back Bay) *Boston (North Station) *Wells,Maine *Albany,NY *New York (Penn Station) *Back to Deland FL. "July 1- July 22" 2013

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RIAL-RAIL-TOUR Check it out here
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...OW-A-NEW-MOMMY!!!!!
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RAINBOW-BRIDGE
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...e-called-Simon
    charleychuckles1@gmail.com

I'm not poof reading any of this

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Charley Chuckles from:

stepnstone (12-23-2020)

I know that organic CBD oil, that is analgesic (anti-pain), anti-nausea, anti itching, and has improved the appetite and energy level, has been used to counter the effects and inhibit the growth of cancer.
    "NuLeaf" https://hypothesisjournal.com/nuleaf-naturals-review/ Using a (1 ml) (1 cc) add 0.05 ml daily to food.

The other thing that can be done to inhibit cancer growth, is to lower methionine (protein amino acid) in the diet by eliminating foods high in methionine in the diet and replacing them with foods lower in methionine and higher in cysteine. This according to a number of studies in rats.
    Sources highest in methionine include all animal sourced foods, legumes, (peanuts, soy, beans, most brassica vegetables including Broccoli and Cauliflower, and all nuts save for pecans and English walnuts.

Feeding a diet with a base of (organic) sources of oatmeal (slow cooked), baked Butternut squash, boiled carrots and blanched kale has contributed to lengthening the life of the squirrel now 6 months after cancer was diagnosed. Cases vary based upon the form of cancer.

Adjusting the diet calcium ratio higher to (2.6:1) With block diets that are set in Ca:P ratio, add Calcium citrate daily in a specific measure to increase the the whole diet (Ca:P) whole diet ratio to at least (2.6:1) As rats age their ability to absorb calcium and other nutrients into the bloodstream lowers.

Concurrent with this change, the kidney function lowers so that more phosphorus is retained, which results in a closer ratio of Calcium to phosphorus in the body than that the diet contains. Pure Bulk" Calcium citrate powder (which has the lowest volume measure for this form of calcium) has been found in rats and other mammals to improve kidney function, lend protection to the liver from damage due to toxins.
    https://purebulk.com/products/calcium-citrate

*See my posts and thread on Pycnogenol; a natural organic source that has a high level of polyphenols that are cancer fighters and lends protection to the liver, kidneys, heart, pancreas, and offers some protection from diabetes also.

Healthy Origins 30 mg. capsules One eighth to one quarter capsule contents added to diet daily.
    https://www.amazon.com/Healthy-Orgin.../dp/B00CLYNA14

If you need support as to the measures you are welcome to contact me by PM.

Thanks for the quick responses