Thread: Loser poop...

Default Loser poop...

I noticed that Buddy has a looser poop than normal this morning. I didn't change anything in his diet in the last few days, but he stays in the release cage, so not sure if he ate too much of bark etc?

He seems fine (a little less crazy than usual). He also didn't eat his second block at night, which he usually eats.

He ate a small piece of avocado and some full fat greek yogurt this morning.

What can I do or offer him to make him feel better?

PS: I'm keeping him at home for the time being (unless he gets super active later on).
    Animals are magical....Thank you everyone who tries to help them, save them tirelessly...

Please visit "My Buddy" thread to know more about Buddy: https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...65309-My-Buddy

Default Re: Loser poop...

I would closely examine his release cage to see if anything unusual has been chewed on.

Buddy may also have eaten a bug or something. Maybe a stink bug found his cage to be a warm place to snuggle.

Keeping him inside today seems a reasonable precaution. You also may want to have a closer look at his poop to see if there is any identifiable foreign matter in it, which might be present if he decided to digest something inedible from his release cage.

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Rock Monkey from:

Buddy (11-22-2020)

Thanks! He is acting normal. His poop seemed a bit looser and lighter in color. I'll check his release cage.

He ate a bit more avocado, half a grape and 1/4th of a Henry's Block.
    Animals are magical....Thank you everyone who tries to help them, save them tirelessly...

Please visit "My Buddy" thread to know more about Buddy: https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...65309-My-Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Thanks! He is acting normal. His poop seemed a bit looser and lighter in color.
    I'd cut back on the fat in his diet......
    Too much fat causes the colon to secrete more water which results in soft /loose stool.
    Avocados are high in fat, add that to full fat yogurt...
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stepnstone from:

Buddy (11-23-2020)

Thanks! I provide variety of food for Buddy every day; including many greens, peas, corn, mushroom, some fruit; berries, 1 grape etc (all fresh and organic)

I will cut the fat! He is still quite small. We have lots of squirrels around us and everyone looks at least 2 times bigger than Buddy. It's also almost winter time; so thought that he might need more fat naturally. Thus, I wasn't thinking that fat would be a problem but I see your point.

His poop this morning looked more usual. So that's good!

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Buddy from:

stepnstone (11-23-2020)