Thread: Teeth question

Default Teeth question

My Apple, keeps chattering her teeth, and looking at them the bottoms seem ok, long maybe. Her tops are looking maybe crooked. But I think one looks shorter than the other. But I cant get a good look. She has things to chew like mineral blocks and a salt rock wood, toys hanging all over her cage. Etc. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Default Re: Teeth question

The top teeth move slightly from side to side. Could this be why one looks shorter than the other? You’ll have to examine them closer to tell.

When you say she’s chattering her teeth. Is it the normal chatter sound they make when they’re annoyed?

I give my squirrels marrow bones to chew on. I buy them at the grocery store, let my dog eat the marrow out, let them dry in the sun for a few days then put a branch through the hole in their cage or in the trees outside. The squirrels use them to wear down their teeth and they get calcium at the same time.

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

Buddy (11-02-2020), Rock Monkey (11-02-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    The top teeth move slightly from side to side. Could this be why one looks shorter than the other? You’ll have to examine them closer to tell.

When you say she’s chattering her teeth. Is it the normal chatter sound they make when they’re annoyed?

I give my squirrels marrow bones to chew on. I buy them at the grocery store, let my dog eat the marrow out, let them dry in the sun for a few days then put a branch through the hole in their cage or in the trees outside. The squirrels use them to wear down their teeth and they get calcium at the same time.

I COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO REPLY WITHOUT QUOTING THE TEXT. BUT THANKS FOR THE MARROW BONE IDEA. ALSO, SHE'S DOING THE TEETH CHATTERING DURING TIMES I WOULDN'T THINK SHE'S ANNOYED. AND MORE SO LATELY THAN EVER BEFORE. I'LL EXAMINE HER TOPS MORE CLOSELY TODAY MAYBE TRY TO TAKE A PICTURE BUT TO ME WHEN I GOT A GLANCE ONE LOOKED SHORTER AND MAYBE EVEN DECAYED, IT COULD HAVE BEEN SOME KIND OF LEAFY GREEN STUCK TO THE TOOTH I'LL HAVE TO LOOK AGAIN. THE ONLY REASON THE TEETH CHATTERING GAVE ME PAUSE FOR CONCERN WAS THE LOOK OF THE TOP TEETH. MADE ME WONDER IF I NEEDED TO DO SOMETHING ELSE FOR HER TEETH.

I see you live in Washington. Is that Washington state? I ask because we have a wonderful member who has a rehab facility in Vancouver, Washington. If you are close enough you might call his facility and see if they could take a look at the teeth for you. His refuge number is: 360-836-0955. It might put your mind at ease to know everything is ok...or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    I see you live in Washington. Is that Washington state? I ask because we have a wonderful member who has a rehab facility in Vancouver, Washington. If you are close enough you might call his facility and see if they could take a look at the teeth for you. His refuge number is: 360-836-0955. It might put your mind at ease to know everything is ok...or not.
    I live a pretty far distance from Vancouver, a friend of mine does all kinds of "exotic wildlife" care and she gave me a number for a local vet. I just prefer the more squirrel experienced people. I'll call the rehab facility in Vancouver maybe they can refer me. Also I got a better picture. One on top is definitely broken down.

Thank you again, Apple is very precious to me as I'm sure you understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyce&Apple View Post
    I live a pretty far distance from Vancouver, a friend of mine does all kinds of "exotic wildlife" care and she gave me a number for a local vet. I just prefer the more squirrel experienced people. I'll call the rehab facility in Vancouver maybe they can refer me. Also I got a better picture. One on top is definitely broken down.

Thank you again, Apple is very precious to me as I'm sure you understand.
    Sorry... here's the same picture more zoomed in. I idk if it helps

I agree...squirrel people are held in high regard. I applaud you..you can never be too careful when it comes to your squee. 😀