Thread: Odontoma

Default Odontoma

I have a Grey squirrel approximately. Seven years old. Had him since she was a baby. I do believe he has. Odontoma lost his front teeth.Approximately. Three years ago. Unfortunately. We can hear. Respiratory problems. Wondering if there's any fix? For this. I live in New York. I'm not supposed to have him. So I can't find a vet. In New York. But I'm willing to travel. Anybody can tell me the closest state to me? An event that would take a look at him. Or is there anything I can? Give him. To make him more comfortable. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Default Re: Odontoma

If his odontomas have reached that level, surgery is undoubtedly required. One of the best squirrel vets in the country who specializes in this surgery is Dr. Alicia Emerson in Port Orange, FL. Other members have driven from Texas and California just to have her do the surgery.

I’m not sure if there is anyone closer, in your area that would be recommended for the surgery, but there are several members in your area that might be able to help with a vet. I will reach out to one of them.

Edit: contacted an admin. for help