Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Missing release

Default Re: Missing release

Quote Originally Posted by jessijuju View Post
    Runt survived the night! 😍😁 She was busy this morning adding on to an old nest up in the same tree she fell out of. When i went over again later, i started to get way worried as she was not coming to my whistles. I finally whistled 1 last time & hollered "RUNT RUNT" and then seen her tail fuzz 😄 She was just taking a nap. Is it just me or does any1 else thnk its the cutest thing ever when they wake up and STRETCHHHHH? I just dont really like it when they do it on the underneath side of a branch way up n the air n the tree that they fell out of 😕
    That's great news!

Yes, they really do seem to like being inverted. Actually, just had a thought, by stretching on the under side of a branch they are much less vulnerable to aerial attack. So, it's kind of a plus minus sort of thing. Sometimes I think that Helen prefers to be inverted on my forearm than on the top side.

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Rock Monkey from:

jessijuju (12-04-2020)

I had a thought. You have previously mentioned that Runt had become a jerk, while Blue remained more sweet natured. These territorial interactions can get quite intense, because who gets the best home or the territory with the best food has a better chance of making it through harsh winters. It may be that Blue has moved elsewhere rather engage in these intense territorial battles that you are currently witnessing. While Runt, being a bit of a jerk, is more inclined to give as good as she gets, not backing off.

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Rock Monkey from:

jessijuju (12-06-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Monkey View Post
    I had a thought. You have previously mentioned that Runt had become a jerk, while Blue remained more sweet natured. These territorial interactions can get quite intense, because who gets the best home or the territory with the best food has a better chance of making it through harsh winters. It may be that Blue has moved elsewhere rather engage in these intense territorial battles that you are currently witnessing. While Runt, being a bit of a jerk, is more inclined to give as good as she gets, not backing off.
    Ive been hoping that Blue has just moved elsewhere to get away from Runt. At home, Blue was the mean territorial one. At one time we thought we might even have to divide the cage. But Blue has always been the "tamest" of the three. We also brought Blue back home the day after release for about 3-4 wks, so I figured Runt might be showing dominance since shes been in the woods longer. I try to think positive about Blue but deep down I have a feeling something bad happened to her

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12