Quote Originally Posted by Sblaine View Post
We stopped the ibuprofen the same night we finished the antibiotics, just to see if his mentation and level of activity would improve. It really hasn't. Today, he was at the front of the cage, so I opened it to take him out and once I picked him up, holy sh*t, he latched onto my finger with his teeth sunk in, and I couldn't get him off. After controlling the bleeding, I'm now sporting a nice big bandage on my middle finger with 3 different puncture sites.

He very slowly hobbled underneath my bed, while I ran to get something for the blood on my finger, so I had to get help from his other momma, and we had to push him out from under the bed with a board. He just fell onto his side at one point during this. We wrapped him up in a shirt, and gave him more ibuprofen. He was pretty limp at that point, dozing into sleep. Making noises but little ones of discomfort. It now seems that more than just his left arm is hurt, with the way he was moving or rather not moving. Such a struggle, and in little increments.

I've called my vet and another, here in Austin, and neither sees squirrels. They only suggest the wildlife rescue. I know they'll probably euthanize him in his condition. Is it time for that? Or do we keep fighting the good fight in hopes of his recovery?

Anything specific I need to do for these bites? I took ibuprofen for the pain and dang, it hurt! I have a high threshold for pain but man, it really hurt. I was surprised.

Many thanks for the locations in Houston. That's my hometown.
He most definitely is not even close to done. Please don't think about that. Since he has made it this long(from 10/22/2020 when you first posted), it's been 9 days and he's still there which means the wounds weren't that severe and that he is healing.
Healing will take a lot of time. So please be patient.
From what I've read, he has obviously improved from his initial state which is good news.
Wait and follow the advice of the experts here on this board and he'll be fine though it will take time and patience.