Thread: Possible injury from fall

Default Possible injury from fall

Tonight i watched Blue fall from way up high in tree and land on mobile home roof 😩😭 She was still for a moment, but with us yellin Nooooooo and runnin towards her & trying to get to her, she got up slowly and went up tree away from us. She layed on branch for few mins and then went up to nest. It was almost dark so couldnt see if she was bleeding or anything. Im going over first thing in morning to checknon her. Was wondering what I need to do if she is injured? Any info would be great. Thanks

Default Re: Possible injury from fall

Hard to say what action, if any, to take until you know extent of injuries.

They are tough little critters.

Keep fingers crossed and observe condition as soon as you can tomorrow.

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to RockyPops from:

jessijuju (10-19-2020)

Sometimes they just get winded. They are usually pretty good and turning in the air so that they land on there feet.

While not as soft as leaf litter, I would think the roof of a mobile home would have some give, unless she was unlucky enough to land on a spot of the roof where there was a framing member right below.

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Rock Monkey from:

jessijuju (10-20-2020)

She is ok 🙂 I went over as soon as it got daylight this morning to check on her. After a few whistles, here she came 😍 It was such a relief! A foot or two over and she would have landed on solid ground (no leaves) or railroad ties and bricks. It could have been very bad. I still cant get the vision of her falling out of my head. It was horrible ☹😣 Thank you for the hopeful words. It did help me have hope and get through the long night.

7. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to jessijuju:

HRT4SQRLS (10-21-2020), Mel1959 (10-21-2020)

Thanks for the update. I’m so happy for Blue and you as well. Such happy news.

I have witnessed it myself. I once saw a new release fall from the very top of a tree a good 40-50 ft up.
    I froze as the endless fall played out in slow motion in my head. I can still remember the sickening PLOP as he hit the ground. He froze on the ground. I didn’t darn approach at that instant. Within seconds he shook it off and was back in the trees. They are amazing creatures that can endure thing that would kill us.

So happy for you!

9. Serious fuzzy thank you's to HRT4SQRLS from:

jessijuju (10-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by jessijuju View Post
    She is ok 🙂 I went over as soon as it got daylight this morning to check on her. After a few whistles, here she came 😍 It was such a relief!
    I am glad to hear that Blue is okay.

I think (hope) squirrels have nine lives because sometime they do some crazy things, rather impulsive.