Thread: I would like more natural food ideas

Default I would like more natural food ideas

Hey everyone - I would appreciate it if someone could help me with things from outside to feed my guys. I know apple (not sprayed), maple and oak. Pine trees but I think thereís a difference between the three and five needle ones and the cones? I think cherry like Japanese cherry. What other trees? Locust? Ginkgo? Will they eat bamboo? What about bushes? I have raspberry plants still growing - no fruit. Nettle? I give them fresh dandelion greens. I feel there is so much Iím missing. Iíve searched the site and I must not be using the right words because I end up with 300+ pages to search through. Ive searched the web and again, must not be using the correct terms because I just want a list of the good and what to avoid. I know about acorns.

Could any of you more senior and more knowledgeable people please create a list of wild flora? Iím in the NE - Delaware. I would greatly appreciate it.

Default Re: I would like more natural food ideas

3. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CrazyCatLady:

Buddy (10-14-2020), Mel1959 (10-14-2020), Mommasika (10-14-2020)

I have this prominently displayed on my refrigerator already for a year or so and on my phone when I go shopping. It doesnít tell me enough about things outside in nature like all the different trees, bushes and low lying vegetation. I always read to give them as much natural as possible... so Iím just looking more more specific advice and guidance

Quote Originally Posted by Mommasika View Post
    I have this prominently displayed on my refrigerator already for a year or so and on my phone when I go shopping. It doesnít tell me enough about things outside in nature like all the different trees, bushes and low lying vegetation. I always read to give them as much natural as possible... so Iím just looking more more specific advice and guidance
    It includes a list of different trees(magnolia, hickory, dogwood, etc.)plants(clover, dandelion etc.) and flowers(carnation, roses, daisies, etc) so I'm not sure what else you are looking for.

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to CrazyCatLady from:

stepnstone (10-15-2020)