Thread: Yogurt for adult wilds?

Default Yogurt for adult wilds?

One of my wild friends, Peetie, is having some difficulty eating nuts (possibly more on that later, keeping an eye on the situation). I made him a small platter of the soft foods I had on hand today- avocado and a little bit of plain yogurt. He happily ate the avocado but ignored the yogurt.

I went back to clean up Peetie's dish to discover that another wild, Mrs. Wobbly, had eaten the yogurt. Mrs. Wobbly is an approximately 3 year old eastern grey who has been "neuro" for the past year or so (head tilts, balance issues). She's improved with time and seems to get along just fine, but she does rely on me quite a bit for her daily snacks. She stopped eating Henry's blocks recently and only takes nuts and avocado.

Since she seems to enjoy it, is it ok to offer her yogurt every once in a while? If so, what kind do you recommend? The yogurt she ate today was plain unsweetened almond milk yogurt with probiotics (I'm vegan).

Thanks!

Default Re: Yogurt for adult wilds?

Bumping this so that someone will reply.

Sure, offering her yogurt will not harm her. Wild squirrels have a varied, natural diet so anything you offer is really a treat unless the squirrel can't feed itself (which is a problem). Try to get a view of Peetie's teeth, only eating soft foods is a red flag that something is wrong.
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

Thanks Tubedriver!

Good to know yogurt is ok. Mrs. Wobbly just finished nursing a litter of babies (she brought them by to meet me today- what an honor!) so maybe she is craving the extra calcium.

Regarding Peetie, I couldn't get a good look at his teeth. He was fine yesterday. Today he is sneezing and doesn't seem to be feeling well. Kept trying to eat walnuts but couldn't seem to chew. Ate the avocado very well. I am afraid it may be malocclusion. I will be keeping an eye on him over the next couple of days. Hoping just bonked his nose or has a temporary injury.

5. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mialouise:

Diggie's Friend (10-17-2020), TubeDriver (10-17-2020)

Peetie might have broken his top incisors. It happens pretty often if they take a fall. Most times they grow back just fine, but providing him soft nutritious foods till then will be helpful.