Thread: Henry’s Wild Bites

Default Henry’s Wild Bites

Hello...I have about 8-10 wild squirrels who visit daily for nuts. I’ve wanted to give them more nutritious options and tried every suggestion on here. No luck! I just received the Wild Bites and need some advice. Should I scatter them about, or hand them out? They do come up to me for their treats. Also, should I start by cutting them into smaller pieces? Any advice is welcome.

Default Re: Henry’s Wild Bites

I hand them out. That way I know who's actually eating them and who isn't. Most of my wilds like them but there are a few who can't be bothered with them. Birds, on the other hand, love them and will steal them if a squirrel doesn't get to them first! If you're introducing Henry's blocks to your crew for the first time cutting them in half first can be a good way for them to sample the goods.

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mialouise from:

island rehabber (10-17-2020)

Thanks for your advice and I did what you suggested. And just like you said, some took them, some took them and dropped them immediately and some sniffed them and turned away. I did also put some in a spot where I will place nuts and those were taken. Hopefully not by birds.

In my experience they will always choose nuts over Henry's blocks if given the opportunity. It might be a good idea to temporarily stop offering them nuts to encourage them to try the blocks.

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mialouise from:

Squirreleesi (10-20-2020)