Thread: Seeking information about becoming wildlife rehabber in Georgia, and vet.

Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight

Default Seeking information about becoming wildlife rehabber in Georgia, and vet.

I was the default wildlife rehabber for injured or orphaned squirrels, duck, and geese for a park I lived next to here in Georgia for about five years until 2014 when we moved away from the area of the park. During that time I never obtained my license to rehab. Now since my older children have grown up and moved on and I have more time to dedicate to other interests I have been entertaining the idea of becoming a licensed rehabber for just squirrels. I have also had the opportunity to rehab a grey squirrel recently and he resparked my interest more than anything. I was hoping there might be some licensed rehabbers in Georgia I that could provide some pointers, guidance, knowledge, and best practices? I am also looking for a vet in the Marietta/Atlanta, Georgia area to do a vet check on the squirrel I have most recently rehabbed before I release him? And discuss if it in his best interest to release him at this point in the season? He has had some hurdles to overcome as a baby (being attacked by a cat and lump that grew on his rear leg) and I want to ensure I’m giving him the best possible chance to have the best squirrelly life he can have. Any information and assistance would be so much appreciated!

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to KimK from:

RockyPops (10-12-2020)

Default Re: Seeking information about becoming wildlife rehabber in Georgia, and vet.

We have two members in the GA vicinity that might be able to offer some guidance. Reach out to Spanky and Javarat with a private message if they don’t see this post.

Private messages are accessed from the Notifications heading at the top of the page.

4. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

KimK (10-12-2020), RockyPops (10-12-2020)