Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Presley - Head Trauma

Default Re: Presley - Head Trauma

Well, little girl got her teeth clipped (instead of grinded) on Saturday and she's doing soooo much better! She's been eating more frequently and isn't having to maneuver her jaw around (I suspect she wasn't eating quite as much before because eating was painful and just wasn't worth it). She's no longer on pain meds and has gotten a bit more active, but still very much enjoys napping most of the day, especially right after eating. She prefers to cuddle with you after eating and will grunt, growl, and cling to your clothes if you try to move her into the cage lol

That left eye is looking good...still a bit off, but definitely better than before. So far she's still very complacent and hasn't offered to bite anyone. Now it's just a waiting game to see how things turn out with that jaw and if she'll be able to maintain her teeth length on her own once she's able to eat solid foods again. (Hair has come off from where blood was by her ear and on her arms, but Mel said that was expected).

Here's new pics. One of them is her teeth before and after. The before pic is much better because she was more cooperative...but the vet cut them down quite a bit, thank goodness. She REALLY needed it.

Name:  PhotoGrid_1603810798590.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  85.2 KB
    Name:  20201024_120221.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  88.5 KB
    Name:  20201024_120100.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  112.6 KB
    Name:  20201024_161828.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  77.5 KB

2. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Abbi's Mama:

Buddy (10-27-2020), stepnstone (11-05-2020)

That's great news.

I am inclined to wonder if she had been raised by a human given the degree to which she accepts you. Also, I am surprised that a wild squirrel would have such long teeth, though I realize that sometimes the teeth just don't come in properly.

4. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Rock Monkey:

Abbi's Mama (10-27-2020), Buddy (10-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Monkey View Post
    That's great news.

I am inclined to wonder if she had been raised by a human given the degree to which she accepts you. Also, I am surprised that a wild squirrel would have such long teeth, though I realize that sometimes the teeth just don't come in properly.
    Rock Monkey, I've wondered the same thing. For her to be this docile, I feel like maybe she was hand raised and released (or escaped?). Poor thing. I'm glad she's feeling better though. You can tell she's getting a bit more spunky, climbing the cage more and stuff.

6. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Abbi's Mama:

Buddy (10-27-2020), Rock Monkey (10-28-2020)

Smile Re: Presley - Head Trauma

Poor little sweetheart I’m so glad she is feeling better. Thank you all for reminding me that there ARE still good people out there looking out for little fuzzy angels with broken wings and (other things)

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SquirrlieGirlie from:

Abbi's Mama (10-30-2020)

My mom just sent me this picture after feeding. She's eating soooo much better with those teeth clipped! (Still just formula right now, but her teeth were getting in the way before and frustrating her).
    Such a sweetie. My mom calls her Sweetie instead of Presley, so now Presley is her middle name. 🤣
    Name:  imagejpeg_0(15).jpg
Views: 54
Size:  86.8 KB

10. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Abbi's Mama from:

stepnstone (11-05-2020)

She is indeed a sweetie . I know it’s too early to tell, but she may be one of those rare squirrels that doesn’t want a life in the trees.

12. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

Abbi's Mama (11-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbi's Mama View Post
    My mom just sent me this picture after feeding. She's eating soooo much better with those teeth clipped! (Still just formula right now, but her teeth were getting in the way before and frustrating her).
    Such a sweetie. My mom calls her Sweetie instead of Presley, so now Presley is her middle name. 🤣
    Name:  imagejpeg_0(15).jpg
Views: 54
Size:  86.8 KB
    Awww! Sooo sweet!!
    Animals are magical....Thank you everyone who tries to help them, save them tirelessly...

14. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Buddy from:

Abbi's Mama (11-05-2020)

Presley:

16. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Diggie's Friend from:

Abbi's Mama (11-05-2020)

Well, my mom just called and said Sweetie Presley passed away this morning.
    We're not really sure what happened because she's been doing great. She was even gaining weight since her teeth had been clipped and she was eating more and being more active. We really thought we were past the "bad" part and figured she'd be okay.
    My mom said she seemed a bit sluggish last night at bedtime. This morning she went to feed her and she was cooler than she should've been. She curled up on my mom's chest and just cuddled for a couple of hours and then passed away.
    We both agreed that at least she was loved and taken care of and we TRIED to help her. It still sucks though. Really sucks.
    We hadn't started her on prednisone because she was doing SO WELL and we didn't think she needed it. Now I'm kicking myself and second guessing that maybe we should have...maybe that would've helped. Ugh.
    RIP sweet girl. <3

18. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Abbi's Mama from:

Diggie's Friend (11-05-2020)

So, so sorry.

20. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Rock Monkey from:

Abbi's Mama (11-05-2020)

Oh no! I’m so sorry.

22. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

Abbi's Mama (11-12-2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12