Thread: Failure to thrive baby

Default Failure to thrive baby

Hi all,
    I Have a at least 5 week old that has had many issues.
    I got her from the finder sept9th after her brother died. The squirrel was found on sept 4th at a couples days old. finder tried to reunite with mom until the 6th. I treated for giardia and fed goats milk formula at 5% or less. She was 13 grams when I received her. she stayed 13 grams for more than a week. She tried to die every other day at first. I subq fluids and started gas x with almost every feeding along with benebac. She started doing better and gaining slowly. She eats and poops well now, no gas, but she is severely behind in her development. I was looking for ideas to help support her development. Name:  baby2.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  36.4 KB Name:  baby.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  57.1 KB
    first pic is a week after I received her. the second pic was yesterday. She weights 35 grams. She is now on fox valley 20/50. Yes this is a five week old !!!!

Default Re: Failure to thrive baby

I’d order some Fox Valley Ultraboost and gradually begin adding it to her formula. You actually substitute a portion of the Fox Valley 20/50 for the Ultraboost. It will help with weight gain and provides nutrients as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gardenjewel View Post
    Hi all,
    I was looking for ideas to help support her development.
    Have you tried snuggling with her, tucking her between layers of your clothing?

Most love it. It provides heat, morale, and mimics the environment they are used to, snuggling with siblings and mom all day long. You can go about most tasks with the little one napping away tucked away. Helen would nestle between my shoulder blades and I could always tell how she was doing.

How’s this little one doing?