Thread: Baby BO gone missing :(

Default Baby BO gone missing :(

Thanks to everybody for such nice and loving words for my Bo...

Unfortunately today I don’t have as happy news as I did a few days ago, but I’m hoping you’ll confort me with your experience, wisdom, and knowledge...

It’s been 3 days without Bo coming home. She already missed many of her meals... There’s no sign of her anywhere.
    We’ve been walking around, calling her name, leaving food out there for her... but she has disappeared.

For some moments we see a squirrel far far away up in the trees, but it’s not really showing so we don’t know if it’s Bo or some friend of her.

I know it’s normal for them to go out and explore for many days, but it’s so weird to me... she never misses a meal, she has this crazy squirrel routine and she has really stuck to it in the past month.

Should I think something might happened out there in nature? O should I keep my hopes high and expect her to show up in the next few days?

Thank you.

Come home babe ... momma’s waiting for you...

Bo's thread
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...Princess/page4

Default Re: Baby BO gone missing :(

Unfortunately, this happens very often. They expand their horizons and explore further from home. She is probably just being the wild squirrel you raised her to be.

Don’t give up hope. There are folks on here who have had their releases wander and return weeks or months later as though nothing had happened. It’s what squirrels do.

I released a boy many months ago. He stuck around for awhile and began a routine where he’d come into my garage to sleep several times a week. This went on for several months....until this last month. He has only been home maybe 4 times. . It’s heartbreaking, but I still have hope he’ll continue with his routine at some point.