Thread: Need help asap with a 7 to 8 week old squirrel

Default Need help asap with a 7 to 8 week old squirrel

Hello my husband found a 7 to 8 week old baby squirrel we believe he may have been born with a birth defect in his legs he has to drag himself we left him there for his mother to come we did make him a nest he is still there and alive i dont want him to die bc he is at a local college bc thats where my husband works is there anyone near Arkadelphia Arkansas who can take him please help i dont know what to do and need help desperately if anyone in Arkansas near me can take him please reach out to me

Default Re: Need help asap with a 7 to 8 week old squirrel

When did your husband find him? He can’t be left if he’s not mobile. He is a sitting duck for predators. It may take a little time to find someone to help you. Can you gather him up and put him in a plastic bin with some blankets or tshirts to snuggle in? At this age he should still be on formula or nursing from mom. Here is the website for a rehabber list in Arkansas: Agfc.com. Under wildlife management is a link for rehabilitations.

I will also send you a members number who is in NE Arkansas. I’m not sure if she can help or not. The message will come via private message which can be accessed from the notifications heading at the top of the page if it doesn’t automatically pop up.

Here is the link for baby squirrel care. It’s 6 pages long, but an easy read. http://www.henryspets.com/baby-squirrel-care/

Or he may have fallen and hurt his legs

I tried to send the phone number to you, but your private messages has not been enabled yet.

He undoubtedly has fallen and caused an injury to his spine or legs. Proper medication has been known to work wonders.

Please gather him up and keep him safe until you can find help. I’m sure he’s very frightened.

I actually have a pet squirrel who is 3 so i am going to go get him now and try to feed him a bottle i just need someone to take him bc i cant keep him but i cant just watch him die i am leaving now to get him

He has been there since yesterday we were trying to wait to see if the mom was coming but never did i will post pics as soon as i get home

I finally reached someone in my state who is going to take him thank you soooo much

8. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to GrootsMom:

Mel1959 (09-30-2020), stepnstone (09-30-2020)