Thread: Four rows of nipples and a very unusual vagina...little Anomalie is one in a million!

Question Four rows of nipples and a very unusual vagina...little Anomalie is one in a million!

I have the strangest baby squirrel I have ever seen and that any of our local rehabbers have ever seen for that matter. Anomalie is approximately 5 1/2 weeks old but looks like she is just barely 3 to 4 weeks. Her eyes are closed, her fur is short and she is totally silent. If that alone weren't strange, when you flip her over she has not two rows of nipples but four running down her belly. On the outside of her chest are large, very prominent red nipples. Just inside those rows are another row of much lighter and smaller secondary nipples.
    In addition, her vagina protrudes and is large enough that we first thought she might be male. To be honest, we are wondering if perhaps she is a hermaphrodite? We are giving her all the love and attention she can handle and look forward to watching her grow up and seeing what other surprises she has for us.
    Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? Photos attached for reference.Name:  20200925_003009.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  36.0 KBName:  20200925_003014.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  26.6 KB

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to 36Monsters from:

stepnstone (10-01-2020)

Default Re: Four rows of nipples and a very unusual vagina...little Anomalie is one in a mill

I think we are all stumped by your extraordinary baby. It's possible that she is an achondroplastic dwarf -- what some people call a "Downs squirrel" but it's not really Downs syndrome. Thank you for being willing to "wait and see" what happens with her; some rehabbers would put her down immediately for being "flawed".

I for one am very interested in her progress. You may want to read about Dwarfism in squirrels in our Special forum --

https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...astic-Dwarfism
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

4. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to island rehabber:

Scooterzmom (10-02-2020), Storm Trooper (10-01-2020)

Default Re: Four rows of nipples and a very unusual vagina...little Anomalie is one in a mill

She is definitely unusual or better stated, "unique."
    I would love to see a full body picture (Standing) and a frontal picture of her head.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stepnstone from:

Scooterzmom (10-02-2020)