Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Medicine needed in this case?

Default Re: Medicine needed in this case?

Quote Originally Posted by Napped View Post
    I have calcium citrate powder and i am not always at home cuz of work so i cant feed her like every 2 hours more like 2-3 times per day
    2-3 times a day is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post
    2-3 times a day is fine.
    The baby food i amde is 140 ml water and 50g powder but ofc she not eat all that i feed her with a 10cc syringe who much calcium to add in that mix ?

She also sometimes make a tremble with her mouth/teeths by not offen

She also sometimes make a tremble with her mouth/teeths by not offen
    Yes, she isn't comfortable, likely feels threatened and unhappy.

Try putting her in a room which is quiet, where there is no music or TV playing.

Does she have a water bottle in her cage?

I am not sure that cuddling with her or petting her at this time is a good idea. You want to get to the point where she feels comfortable coming to you, not the other way around. It needs to be her choice. She doesn't know you so she doesn't know that she can trust you. It will take time to win her trust.

You can sit and talk quietly with her but keep your distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Monkey View Post
    Yes, she isn't comfortable, likely feels threatened and unhappy.

Try putting her in a room which is quiet, where there is no music or TV playing.

Does she have a water bottle in her cage?

I am not sure that cuddling with her or petting her at this time is a good idea. You want to get to the point where she feels comfortable coming to you, not the other way around. It needs to be her choice. She doesn't know you so she doesn't know that she can trust you. It will take time to win her trust.

You can sit and talk quietly with her but keep your distance.
    Yeah she was a dish of water as it was in pet shop i out something that she was familiar with.unfortunatly
    I cant put her in another room but the tv is barely 1 to 2 hours open and not every day.most of the time they dont have noises to worry them besides there own (i mean when himalyans climbing and jumping in there cage eating drinking etc.)pet store that had her was way to noisy from that she have now..i believe the lost partner is her biggest issue and the diet she was on
    I will try to take and the male too

I notice that she brings her right back leg close to her mouth many often when she is laying... no chewing or scraching...
    Is that a sign of pain by mdb?

Guys for emergency mbd treatment 0.5g or 500mg i and some orange juice to make a paste but its barely 5 ml i give like 1 ml of that every 4 hours?

Guys for emergency mbd treatment 0.5g or 500mg i and some orange juice to make a paste but its barely 5 ml i give like 1 ml of that every 4 hours?

This will work but may be a tad too much for Sally (I think she is not as large as our grey squirrels?). Knowing her weight will help.

If her poops turn white or whitish that signals that not all of the calcium it is being processed so back off on the amount of calcium.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post

This will work but may be a tad too much for Sally (I think she is not as large as our grey squirrels?). Knowing her weight will help.

If her poops turn white or whitish that signals that not all of the calcium it is being processed so back off on the amount of calcium.
    I will weight her too to be more secure

I cant put her in another room but the tv is barely 1 to 2 hours open and not every day.most of the time they dont have noises to worry them besides there own (i mean when himalyans climbing and jumping in there cage eating drinking etc.)pet store that had her was way to noisy from that she have now..i believe the lost partner is her biggest issue and the diet she was on
    It takes time for a squirrel to feel comfortable/not threatened by a strange noise. So, even though the pet shop may have been noisy, in time she learned that those noises did not bring danger. They have very good memory.

She may have lived at that pet store most of her life.

The noises with you now are going to be different from those at the pet store. It will take her time to realize that these new set of noises do not indicate danger.

To give an example of their excellent memory, I store some nuts in my refrigerator in a particular container. If I take that container out she comes running from wherever she because she knows what that sound indicates.

Yes, as you say she is probably missing the other squirrel very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Monkey View Post
    It takes time for a squirrel to feel comfortable/not threatened by a strange noise. So, even though the pet shop may have been noisy, in time she learned that those noises did not bring danger. They have very good memory.

She may have lived at that pet store most of her life.

The noises with you now are going to be different from those at the pet store. It will take her time to realize that these new set of noises do not indicate danger.

To give an example of their excellent memory, I store some nuts in my refrigerator in a particular container. If I take that container out she comes running from wherever she because she knows what that sound indicates.

Yes, as you say she is probably missing the other squirrel very much.
    Talk with the petshop to take the male too..they will to do a good discount so maybe in week they will reunite

Talk with the petshop to take the male too..they will to do a good discount so maybe in week they will reunite
    That should help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12