Views: 68
Size:  135.0 KB
    Name:  E0F095E1-93C3-4CCC-861E-1BF2F81C95EF.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  92.6 KB
    Name:  892F50AD-BF30-4826-B44A-3F6220027D13.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  89.5 KB

This little boy arrived late this afternoon. He was cold and wet and dehydrated,67g. I warmed him up and I’ve started sub q fluids and the homemade, oral electrolyte fluid. Just now after stimulating him to pee/poo, he made a distress call and THIS bulged out like a bubble. And, if I gently touch it, I can feel the opening. It easily reduces , but will slowly come back. But not as large as when he fussed . Will this thing close on his own as he grows?

Default Re: New baby, Inguinal hernia??

He's just so, so cute, poor little guy. I wish I could help but I really don't know the first thing about that kind of thing. I wonder if it should be bandaged to be held in and give it a chance to heal, like they made me do for my hiatal hernia(which didn't work btw )

I sure hope someone can help. Prayers for him and for you, his angel of mercy.

EDIT: Did he poop? If not... if you keep massaging it very gently, going from left to right and downward, toward the anus, any chance it may be hardened poop?
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Scooterzmom from:

Snicker Bar (09-25-2020)

Default Re: New baby, Inguinal hernia??

Bump
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -