Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Eating and drinking

Default Re: Eating and drinking

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    I curious why the YouTube videos of Sally look like a different picture that was posted about her arrival. The arrival picture looks like a striped squirrel while the you tube looks like more like the pictures I see when I google Caucasian squirrels.
    She is the same squirrel

I curious why the YouTube videos of Sally look like a different picture that was posted about her arrival. The arrival picture looks like a striped squirrel while the you tube looks like more like the pictures I see when I google Caucasian squirrels.
    I think you are referring to the photo of his female Himalayan he was waiting for to go with his male. The Caucasian is the squirrel in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Napped View Post
    +I have one friend vet but ofc doesnt take on squirrels but he gave me ivermectin for kodi cuz then i got him was very very ichy to he stage that he got rid all the fur in spots until the hole spot was red and then bites it but now he has all his fur again not as healthy as millys but much better than before now he cratch him self again but he has no same effect
    How much Ivermectim did you give.
    This can be SO easily overdosed, and it causes death.
    I suspect he is ok now, but in the future, please don't dose
    without help and a weight on him. If you can't weigh we can do a low quesstimate
    if you supply the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post
    I think you are referring to the photo of his female Himalayan he was waiting for to go with his male. The Caucasian is the squirrel in the video.

You are right! I see it now.. you had asked about "his other girl" after the post of the "new arrival" (Himalayan) and my brain processed it as the new arrival was Sally. It gets confusing having multiple squirrels in the same thread with different issues (and in this case different species!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York View Post
    How much Ivermectim did you give.
    This can be SO easily overdosed, and it causes death.
    I suspect he is ok now, but in the future, please don't dose
    without help and a weight on him. If you can't weigh we can do a low quesstimate
    if you supply the picture.
    i gave him a niddle drop from 2cc syringe every 8-10 days for like 3 times

You are right! I see it now.. you had asked about "his other girl" after the post of the "new arrival" (Himalayan) and my brain processed it as the new arrival was Sally. It gets confusing having multiple squirrels in the same thread with different issues (and in this case different species!!!)
    you are right i posted some non concept things in this thread thats why i make other one just for sallys lethargic

It is a lot to keep up with ☺. I suggested he start a new thread, which he did. Hopefully that cuts down on the confusion.

i gave him a niddle drop from 2cc syringe every 8-10 days for like 3 times
    I hope the Ivermectin was diluted by the vet? Not a good idea to give Ivermectin to a (potentially )pregnant squirrel FWIW.

I hope the Ivermectin was diluted by the vet? Not a good idea to give Ivermectin to a (potentially )pregnant squirrel FWIW.
    no no ivermectin was for male himalayan the firsts days i got him..didnt knew about tsb so i didnt search much

Ok so i cover the cage and leave 1/2 of the front side put her both bowl and bottle of water and a mix of defferent nuts almongs peanuts seeds dehydrated fruits i will leave her for today to see if she will calm at least a bit..i only want her not to get sick or die and its not about the money i spent for here i rly love squirrels..if you see above i have a himalayan striped male i bought a female for him to make a couple and in the 20th day she just pass out in the night...woke up in the morning and found her in the nest not having any injury from tha male.. never saw something worry she was full of energy and curiosity but all of suden...so i dont want to lose her too ..i expect anither female himalayan from the pet shop i got here cuz was differnt from the male one.i called them and tell them what happend and they told me they would replace her with no charge and i waitng her in the end of september.
    HRT4sqrls in post #15 discussed the diet and mbd, this needs to be taken very seriously!
    The diet you are continuing to feed is definitely a precursor for mbd.
    Mbd is painful, it cripples, untreated it eventually will kill them.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

11. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stepnstone from:

Nancy in New York (09-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by stepnstone View Post
    HRT4sqrls in post #15 discussed the diet and mbd, this needs to be taken very seriously!
    The diet you are continuing to feed is definitely a precursor for mbd.
    Mbd is painful, it cripples, untreated it eventually will kill them.
    I make the hernys blocks didnt eat them as solid..i grinded one and mix it with baby cream food and give her via syringe..

NOTE: i dont give her nuts and fruita anymore all that was there for not starving to death by no eating until i found a solution for rodent blocks.here in greece i cant find decent rotend blocks in stores there is a fu**ing law the prevents the stores to bring in greece so i collect the infos to make them my own and i start to give her all that time she doesnt eat 1 seed or 1 nut..i am trying my best to give her all she need to make her healthy...

I did see where you removed the seeds, nuts.
    It's so difficult when you can't get the food in your country😕
    Is she refusing to eat anything on her own?
    Seeing her video she looks scared, but might have other issues as others have said.
    You would think when she was left alone she would eat🤔
    I think you already posted this but can you see if her teeth are ok? I know she let's you pick her up and syringe her, have you seen her teeth?
    I'm just trying to think of anything that might help.
    Again this might have been posted, what did they feed her at the pet store? I'm not saying what they fed her would be a good diet anyway, just wondering what she ate while in their care.
    Charley Chuckles gone from my arms FOREVER in my heart 8/14/04-3/7/13
    Simon, our time was too short together, but you gave us so much love, be with CC now 3/7/14

The "CHARLEY CHUCKLES MEMORIAL RAIL TOUR" leaves the station choo chooo
    *Deland,FL. *Washington DC *Boston (Back Bay) *Boston (North Station) *Wells,Maine *Albany,NY *New York (Penn Station) *Back to Deland FL. "July 1- July 22" 2013

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RIAL-RAIL-TOUR Check it out here
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...OW-A-NEW-MOMMY!!!!!
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RAINBOW-BRIDGE
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...e-called-Simon
    charleychuckles1@gmail.com

I'm not poof reading any of this

14. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Charley Chuckles from:

Mel1959 (09-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Charley Chuckles View Post
    I did see where you removed the seeds, nuts.
    It's so difficult when you can't get the food in your country😕
    Is she refusing to eat anything on her own?
    Seeing her video she looks scared, but might have other issues as others have said.
    You would think when she was left alone she would eat🤔
    I think you already posted this but can you see if her teeth are ok? I know she let's you pick her up and syringe her, have you seen her teeth?
    I'm just trying to think of anything that might help.
    Again this might have been posted, what did they feed her at the pet store? I'm not saying what they fed her would be a good diet anyway, just wondering what she ate while in their care.
    Doesnt eat anything by her own or drink water even the mix seed and fruit i put her until i made the blocks
    Pet store gave mix seed nuts and fruits
    I have post a pic of her teeth in the other tread i made for medicine advice if there is any
    Now i desolve calcium in water with the baby cream food and give her plus plain water
    Tried to give her tiny bites of the block but droped them from mouth
    Only this morning i see the block in other place that i put it(not far away but a little moved
    She also some times make a trembling with her mouth for like 3 secs

I have post a pic of her teeth in the other tread i made for medicine advice if there is any

Here is the teeth picture from the other thread where they were posted... they look fine to me, but if you see something say something!

She also some times make a trembling with her mouth for like 3 secs
    A video of this would be great but it almost sounds like you are describing their "chattering" behavior. When squirrels are scared or agitated they will quickly click their teeth together (their lower jaw moves quickly, as if trembling) and it can make a chattering noise (sometimes this is very loud, others times muted)... they are doing this as a warning. For example, if they are eating and your hand gets too close to them they may do this to warn to to back away from them and their food. Or even when you reach out to pet them and they are not welcoming to the petting. I get this a lot when i reach into their nests (cubbies) for a stash check. It often happens just before they bite...

A video of this would be great but it almost sounds like you are describing their "chattering" behavior. When squirrels are scared or agitated they will quickly click their teeth together (their lower jaw moves quickly, as if trembling) and it can make a chattering noise (sometimes this is very loud, others times muted)... they are doing this as a warning. For example, if they are eating and your hand gets too close to them they may do this to warn to to back away from them and their food. Or even when you reach out to pet them and they are not welcoming to the petting. I get this a lot when i reach into their nests (cubbies) for a stash check. It often happens just before they bite...

She made it more ofen in the feeding prosess or a little after that i pet her so its very possible that its what you descripe.
    Making that trembling get me to think that propabky she havent some jaw issue i will try to.make a video of that to see

Here is small video of feeding her
    I am pushing very slightly
    Am i doing this right?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0qvSUQhNrpQ

I would try wrapping her up in a piece of cloth (fleece of flannel work best) like a burrito and hold her while feeding. Try covering her eyes with some of the cloth... this is what I do with juvenile squirrels that arrive with their eyes already open. It calms them down quite a bit and they relax and eat much better.

I would try wrapping her up in a piece of cloth (fleece of flannel work best) like a burrito and hold her while feeding. Try covering her eyes with some of the cloth... this is what I do with juvenile squirrels that arrive with their eyes already open. It calms them down quite a bit and they relax and eat much better.
    Like this?
    Name:  IMG_20200926_113921.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  86.1 KB

Yes, perfect and it helps them to relax to cover their eyes while feeding. This will help in the transition of her becoming more comfortable with her new surroundings and you as well.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast