Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 261 to 275 of 275

Thread: Eating and drinking

  1. #261
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Daytona Beach, FL.
    Posts
    9,073
    Thanked: 460

    Default Re: Eating and drinking

    I'm so glad Sally is eating the block, good girl Sally
    Charley Chuckles gone from my arms FOREVER in my heart 8/14/04-3/7/13
    Simon, our time was too short together, but you gave us so much love, be with CC now 3/7/14


    The "CHARLEY CHUCKLES MEMORIAL RAIL TOUR" leaves the station choo chooo
    *Deland,FL. *Washington DC *Boston (Back Bay) *Boston (North Station) *Wells,Maine *Albany,NY *New York (Penn Station) *Back to Deland FL. "July 1- July 22" 2013

    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RIAL-RAIL-TOUR Check it out here
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...OW-A-NEW-MOMMY!!!!!
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RAINBOW-BRIDGE
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...e-called-Simon
    charleychuckles1@gmail.com

    I'm not poof reading any of this

  2. #262
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    135
    Thanked: 20

    Default Re: Eating and drinking

    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Monkey View Post
    That is great news about her gaining weight.

    Are you giving her yogurt? She needs it.

    They need some probiotic to rebuild the bacteria in their digestive system which get injured by the antibiotics. The yogurt contains those probiotics.

    So, she may be eating Conan's poop as a way to get that bacteria that she needs for her digestion.

    In medicine for humans there is such a thing as poop transplants. She is doing the animal world equivalent of that.

    I wouldn't be worrying about it. It suggests that her appetite has picked up substantially. That behavior should stop once the antibiotics are stopped and the bacteria that inhabit a healthy digestive system return.
    I give her boo balls too that i have add yogurt
    I dont think that she eat poops
    I asked cuz she sniff the too much and i wanted to know if it was a problem if she ate them

    Today sally weight 230 gr and konan 348

  3. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Napped:

    CrazyCatLady (10-27-2020), Mel1959 (10-27-2020), seahorse (10-28-2020)

  4. #263
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Mountain Home, Arkansas
    Posts
    66
    Thanked: 76

    Default Re: Eating and drinking

    Quote Originally Posted by Napped View Post
    I give her boo balls too that i have add yogurt
    I dont think that she eat poops
    I asked cuz she sniff the too much and i wanted to know if it was a problem if she ate them

    Today sally weight 230 gr and konan 348
    I'm so happy Sally is gaining weight! Just curious.....is she also playing and exploring more, is she more comfortable? I hope so!

  5. #264
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    483
    Thanked: 231

    Default Re: Eating and drinking

    Quote Originally Posted by Napped View Post
    I give her boo balls too that i have add yogurt
    Did you bake the boo balls in an oven?

    Some recipes just involve grinding and combing the ingredients and then putting them in the refrigerator.

    Other recipes suggest baking them.

    If the boo balls are baked it seems likely that the good bacteria in yogurt will be killed off. So, if you baked them you will need to give her some yogurt that isn't cooked to help restore the good bacteria in her digestive system.

  6. #265
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    135
    Thanked: 20

    Default Re: Eating and drinking

    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Monkey View Post
    Did you bake the boo balls in an oven?

    Some recipes just involve grinding and combing the ingredients and then putting them in the refrigerator.

    Other recipes suggest baking them.

    If the boo balls are baked it seems likely that the good bacteria in yogurt will be killed off. So, if you baked them you will need to give her some yogurt that isn't cooked to help restore the good bacteria in her digestive system.
    No i followed the simple recipe not baked
    Sally and konan doing fine eating and gain weight and have start to have life again..
    A was a little off cuz my motorcycle that i deliver was stolen and i was searching to buy another so didnt have much time to update you guys.
    Yesterday sally was 270gr

  7. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Napped:

    CrazyCatLady (10-31-2020), seahorse (10-31-2020)

  8. #266
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Daytona Beach, FL.
    Posts
    9,073
    Thanked: 460

    Default Re: Eating and drinking

    Quote Originally Posted by Napped View Post
    No i followed the simple recipe not baked
    Sally and konan doing fine eating and gain weight and have start to have life again..
    A was a little off cuz my motorcycle that i deliver was stolen and i was searching to buy another so didnt have much time to update you guys.
    Yesterday sally was 270gr
    Glad she's doing better🤗
    I'm so sorry about your motorcycle😕
    Charley Chuckles gone from my arms FOREVER in my heart 8/14/04-3/7/13
    Simon, our time was too short together, but you gave us so much love, be with CC now 3/7/14


    The "CHARLEY CHUCKLES MEMORIAL RAIL TOUR" leaves the station choo chooo
    *Deland,FL. *Washington DC *Boston (Back Bay) *Boston (North Station) *Wells,Maine *Albany,NY *New York (Penn Station) *Back to Deland FL. "July 1- July 22" 2013

    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RIAL-RAIL-TOUR Check it out here
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...OW-A-NEW-MOMMY!!!!!
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RAINBOW-BRIDGE
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...e-called-Simon
    charleychuckles1@gmail.com

    I'm not poof reading any of this

  9. #267
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    135
    Thanked: 20

    Default Re: Eating and drinking

    Update for today sally is 284gr !!!!
    Thats the TBS success!!!!
    A huge thanks to all of you guys!!!

    She even start to hide the nuts i give her as treats xD
    And she gives me tiny teeth bites in my finger,i think she doing this cuz she thinks i am gonna give her the block
    Is there any other reason for this behavior?(it dosent Even astrong or harmfull is more like a check for me)

  10. #268
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Daytona Beach, FL.
    Posts
    9,073
    Thanked: 460

    Default Re: Eating and drinking

    All good news👍
    Yeah your lucky my kids will draw blood if I hand them a nut and keep my fingers there too long! She's a squirrel being a squirrel and she's checking to see what more yum yums are in your hands 😁

    This it's great news, I think she is finally adjusting
    Charley Chuckles gone from my arms FOREVER in my heart 8/14/04-3/7/13
    Simon, our time was too short together, but you gave us so much love, be with CC now 3/7/14


    The "CHARLEY CHUCKLES MEMORIAL RAIL TOUR" leaves the station choo chooo
    *Deland,FL. *Washington DC *Boston (Back Bay) *Boston (North Station) *Wells,Maine *Albany,NY *New York (Penn Station) *Back to Deland FL. "July 1- July 22" 2013

    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RIAL-RAIL-TOUR Check it out here
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...OW-A-NEW-MOMMY!!!!!
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RAINBOW-BRIDGE
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...e-called-Simon
    charleychuckles1@gmail.com

    I'm not poof reading any of this

  11. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Charley Chuckles from:

    seahorse (11-01-2020)

  12. #269
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    483
    Thanked: 231

    Default Re: Eating and drinking

    Quote Originally Posted by Napped View Post
    Update for today sally is 284gr !!!!
    Thats the TBS success!!!!
    A huge thanks to all of you guys!!!

    She even start to hide the nuts i give her as treats xD
    And she gives me tiny teeth bites in my finger,i think she doing this cuz she thinks i am gonna give her the block
    Is there any other reason for this behavior?(it dosent Even astrong or harmfull is more like a check for me)
    That's great news.

    If something they do with claws or teeth hurts you need to say "Ouch" or something like that. I don't what sound you make for that in Greece. They will also sense your pain. They will learn what ouch means and should change their behavior. But you want to give some sort of feedback but yelling at a squirrel will only get you more of what you don't want. (I have learned that lesson the hard way. It is a downward spiral.)

    Biting the fingers gently can mean: feed me, play with me, I am a little annoyed with you. My squirrel gently bites on my finger when she wants be to rub, poke her belly while she engages my finger with teeth and claws. For her it is practice for escaping from a predator but it is also strengthening our bond.

  13. #270
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    483
    Thanked: 231

    Default Re: Eating and drinking

    Quote Originally Posted by Napped View Post
    She even start to hide the nuts i give her as treats xD
    As the length of the days shorten the behavior of squirrels shift. They start trying to build stockpiles of food to get them through the winter. So, they show restraint and refrain from eating some of the food given to them and try to cache it. They may also do this with perishable food, which is a problem because it goes bad, rots and eventually draws bugs.

  14. #271
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    135
    Thanked: 20

    Default Re: Eating and drinking

    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Monkey View Post
    As the length of the days shorten the behavior of squirrels shift. They start trying to build stockpiles of food to get them through the winter. So, they show restraint and refrain from eating some of the food given to them and try to cache it. They may also do this with perishable food, which is a problem because it goes bad, rots and eventually draws bugs.
    I clean the cage from leftovers almost every day so i dont think it will be a problem

  15. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Napped from:

    Buddy (11-01-2020)

  16. #272
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    135
    Thanked: 20

    Default Re: Eating and drinking

    Todays update sally is 310 gr !!!!!
    We also have a cage upgrade
    Your thoughts??
    Name:  IMG_20201104_133247.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  138.8 KB

  17. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Napped:

    CrazyCatLady (11-04-2020), seahorse (11-04-2020)

  18. #273
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    East coast of Florida
    Posts
    7,008
    Thanked: 9564

    Default Re: Eating and drinking

    Great on the weight gain! And I love the cage. . I think Sally will, too!

  19. #274
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Mountain Home, Arkansas
    Posts
    66
    Thanked: 76

    Default Re: Eating and drinking

    Quote Originally Posted by Napped View Post
    Todays update sally is 310 gr !!!!!
    We also have a cage upgrade
    Your thoughts??
    Name:  IMG_20201104_133247.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  138.8 KB
    YAY!!! That is so wonderful!! And the cage is definitely better! I would cover the top with a blanket or other piece of cloth, it makes them feel more secure. Also add some hanging toy and other toys. The branch is great too! Thank you so much for all you've done for her!

  20. #275
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    483
    Thanked: 231

    Default Re: Eating and drinking

    Quote Originally Posted by Napped View Post
    We also have a cage upgrade
    Your thoughts??
    I think they will like being able to climb up and down.

    They may chew on the wood that is on the inside. They may just round the wood over, but if they continue they might compromise the cage's structural integrity. It is just something to keep an eye one.

    I would feel all of the wood that they will be able to touch and make sure nothing is rough and that there are no splinters. You may want to take a piece of coarse sand paper and round over edges that feel pointy. Also run your hands over the metal cloth to make sure there are no burrs or little pieces sticking out.

    The first time you put them in the cage I would watch them closely for a while. There may be problems/issues that you did not anticipate. I usually find this to be the case.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •