Thread: Squirrel testicles.....color AND size change.....

Default Squirrel testicles.....color AND size change.....

Hope you're all safe! So my guy is believed to be about 1.5 years old....not sure though. He at first was thought to be a female...no testes or male organs showing and was even given a girl name. Then his testes dropped....and they were HUGE gray things!!! The past few months though, they have scaled WAY down and are not full looking. They are now shriveled little gray raisin like things. Every now and then, they turn pink...maybe when he gets active? But still never get large like they used to. is the large size indicative of a time of year? when they were last huge, it was winter/spring. Thanks for input...silly topic but need to know to make sure healthy. Thanks!!!!

Default Re: Squirrel testicles.....color AND size change.....

Squirrels can / will draw their testicles up into their body cavity when "not in use" and their scrotum shrinks.
    Perfectly normal. Breeding season is when they usually drop and can be quite large for obvious reasons.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

Great to hear....thanks for confirmation!

Quote Originally Posted by stepnstone View Post
    Squirrels can / will draw their testicles up into their body cavity when "not in use" and their scrotum shrinks.
    Perfectly normal. Breeding season is when they usually drop and can be quite large for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by stepnstone View Post
    Hey I got a question, I have a squirrel that also has a shrunken scrotum, like non existent all of a sudden, and his testicles look like they are above his penis..is this normal?
    I have never seen this before on him. They have gotten a little smaller sometimes but never like this