Thread: Need rehab/releaser in the Atlanta area.

Default Need rehab/releaser in the Atlanta area.

I have an almost 4 week grey squirrel that will need someone who knows how to release them back to nature. I have been taking care of her but have no clue how to release her so needed someone in the Atlanta area to help.
    Thank you so much!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Need rehab/releaser in the Atlanta area.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice View Post
    I have an almost 4 week grey squirrel that will need someone who knows how to release them back to nature. I have been taking care of her but have no clue how to release her so needed someone in the Atlanta area to help.
    Thank you so much!
    Oh what a little doll! I have someone who would be perfect.
    In fact my squirrels want to be raised and released by him.
    I believe that he has other little ones, and your little guy would benefit so much if he were to have a buddy, now and
    for release time.
    Let me direct him to your thread.
    Thank you for thinking of this little one.

3. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Nancy in New York:

bre (09-13-2020), Chirps (09-07-2020), Grinderhead (09-04-2020), HRT4SQRLS (09-05-2020)

Default Re: Need rehab/releaser in the Atlanta area.

Nancy directed me to your thread. My offer still stands to help raise and release your baby. Little Atlas is from the Atlanta area (Dunwoody... a neighborhood that has become a "repeat customer" in sending me babies in need). I am sure that transportation can be figured out; my son lives in Gainesville if that is nearby.. and since he is father to 3 of our grand-babies we are there at least once a week or so.

Little Atlas is right around 75-80grams, and he has a new litter mate "Journey" from the vet that is a precious single girl that opened her eyes just yesterday. Journey is around 110 grams. AND... I have a call today from a local with another 64 gram baby that needs litter mates. So this litter of singletons is growing, which is super fantastic for the babies (babies released in the fall will usually winter together).

I will post pictures of Atlas and Journey (and the new one when he gets here) as soon as I am able. I have 2 new intakes from yesterday that are extremely critical still today and will require most of my time for a while.

5. 6 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Spanky:

bre (09-13-2020), Chirps (09-07-2020), HRT4SQRLS (09-05-2020), Mel1959 (09-06-2020), Mialouise (09-14-2020), Nancy in New York (09-05-2020)