Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My baby Indian Palm Squirrel didn't poop from last two days

Default Re: My baby Indian Palm Squirrel didn't poop from last two days

Quote Originally Posted by Anu View Post
    I checked her weight just now Mel..she is 20 g....is giving her1.5 CC ok
    That is a correct amount. She should eat between 1-1.5ml at each feeding. Are you feeding ever 3 hrs or more often?

Here’s the two links to the goats milk formula.. I’m not sure what was recommended for your baby whether it was with or without the egg.

https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...06#post1299706

https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...ilk-Formula***

We can get goat milk in a can here but not sure you get that.

About her not popping, my CC had issues with that but he was a grown squirrel, I am not sure what I used would be correct for a baby🤔
    I gave just a drop of mineral oil.
    OR a small amount of (pumpkin in the can) maybe mix with water.
    Usually the mineral oil worked best.
    AGAIN NOT SURE THIS SHOULD BE USED ON A BABY🤔
    However if she doesn't start to poop your going to have to try something.
    Charley Chuckles gone from my arms FOREVER in my heart 8/14/04-3/7/13
    Simon, our time was too short together, but you gave us so much love, be with CC now 3/7/14

The "CHARLEY CHUCKLES MEMORIAL RAIL TOUR" leaves the station choo chooo
    *Deland,FL. *Washington DC *Boston (Back Bay) *Boston (North Station) *Wells,Maine *Albany,NY *New York (Penn Station) *Back to Deland FL. "July 1- July 22" 2013

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RIAL-RAIL-TOUR Check it out here
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...OW-A-NEW-MOMMY!!!!!
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RAINBOW-BRIDGE
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...e-called-Simon
    charleychuckles1@gmail.com

I'm not poof reading any of this

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Charley Chuckles from:

Mel1959 (09-06-2020)

A little mineral oil massaged around her rectum might help too.

Thank you very much for replying me Clare... I will try to make her formula as you said... I can't find heavy cream here but i can find yoghurt here... My baby didn't poop in 4 days now I'm super worried about it... But thank god she seems to be active.. Also peeing well and she drinks milk well 😢
    Use fresh cream instead of heavy cream. Amul Fresh cream is available in almost every supermarket here(Say Nilgris or Gracemart).

Does her stomach appear bloated? Could you post some pics of her stomach here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    That is a correct amount. She should eat between 1-1.5ml at each feeding. Are you feeding ever 3 hrs or more often?
    yes Mel I feed her every 3 hrs...before that I used to feed her every 2 and half hrs..she stopped pooping when I'm giving her at 2 and half intervals...so I changed to 3 hrs to see whether there is any improvement...but nothing.

I tried to give her Goat formula but she refusing it Mel 😭😭😭😭😭😭 dunno what to do... thank you again for replying me...ok Mel I will try to apply mineral oil
    ..btw what you meant by mineral oil ? how about pure coconut oi ?

Quote Originally Posted by Charley Chuckles View Post
    We can get goat milk in a can here but not sure you get that.

About her not popping, my CC had issues with that but he was a grown squirrel, I am not sure what I used would be correct for a baby🤔
    I gave just a drop of mineral oil.
    OR a small amount of (pumpkin in the can) maybe mix with water.
    Usually the mineral oil worked best.
    AGAIN NOT SURE THIS SHOULD BE USED ON A BABY🤔
    However if she doesn't start to poop your going to have to try something.
    thank you so much Charley...ok I will try some mineral oil..btw what you meant by mineral oil I have no idea..I never heared that pumpkin thing..I guess that's not available in Sri Lankan stores

Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Use fresh cream instead of heavy cream. Amul Fresh cream is available in almost every supermarket here(Say Nilgris or Gracemart).

Does her stomach appear bloated? Could you post some pics of her stomach here.
    thank you very much for replying me Clare...I went nearly 6 super stores no any cream was there 😭😭😭😭 I only could buy yoghurt which added prebiotic...I gave a small amount of that yoghurt mixed with milk...
    ok Clare I'll post her tummy...I don't feel like it's bloated...feel normal...I will post some pics here..

Also, what do you use to stimulate her. A piece of cotton cloth dipped in very warm water and gently rubbed along the inner thighs and the genital parts might do the trick.

I was once told to stop feeding milk for 2 hours and to only hydrate with water+sugar+salt. This can help with constipation sometimes. Also, do you have watermelon? Have you tried giving her that?

Also, what do you use to stimulate her. A piece of cotton cloth dipped in very warm water and gently rubbed along the inner thighs and the genital parts might do the trick.

I was once told to stop feeding milk for 2 hours and to only hydrate with water+sugar+salt. This can help with constipation sometimes. Also, do you have watermelon? Have you tried giving her that?
    I use cotton bud dripped in water to stimulate her...ok Clare I do as you said..it seems like she has nothing to poop...I don't know...so strange.... everytime when she done with peeing...she turn the other side and struggle to walk..never let me to stimulate further...I don't know what to do...yes I have watermelon Clare.. what should I do with that...I will do anything to make her poop

Constipation is a sign of dehydration. So your first priority now is to hydrate the squirrel. Warm up a mixture of water+sugar+salt and give it to her drop by drop.

She may not like to drink the water mixture. So I'll share what I did with my squirrels:

Morning would be the time when they are the most hungry. So I tried giving them the hydrating mixture the first thing in the morning. They drink up on some mornings, but don't drink often.
    But you have to hydrate them cause only then, the milk that you give them will get absorbed. Otherwise, they will further become dehydrated because the water from the body will be used for digestion(and the hair will become more spikey).
    So since I had no other option but to get them hydrated, I wrapped one in a towel in such a way that she can't wiggle out(the wrapping should NOT be tight, but the folds should be in such a manner that it goes over the forelimbs but below the lower jaw, and then around the head and body). Then, I put a tiny drop of warm water mixture on the tip of her mouth. After she has swallowed it, I place another drop. So drop by drop, I feed them.
    Sometimes, they would be too weak to drink a lot of water continuously. During such times, I give them the water mixture EVERY HALF HOUR (quantity is as many drops as they will take).
    Note: Make sure the water mixture is very warm(but not hot. Check the temperature with your finger or place a few drops on your inner wrist to make sure the temperature is not too hot). It encourages them to drink more.
    Hope you work relentlessly to get her hydrated because hydration is KEY for squirrels. I learnt this the hard way and I don't want anyone else to be careless just cause of some water.

Constipation is a sign of dehydration. So your first priority now is to hydrate the squirrel.
    here is my babies tummy photoName:  C360_2020-09-06-19-50-05-358.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  84.5 KB

Constipation is a sign of dehydration. So your first priority now is to hydrate the squirrel. Warm up a mixture of water+sugar+salt and give it to her drop by drop.
    ok Clare I'll do that too...thank you very much for replying me... I'll update you with what happened

She may not like to drink the water mixture. So I'll share what I did with my squirrels:

Morning would be the time when they are the most hungry. So I tried giving them the hydrating mixture the first thing in the morning. They drink up on some mornings, but don't drink often.
    But you have to hydrate them cause only then, the milk that you give them will get absorbed. Otherwise, they will further become dehydrated because the water from the body will be used for digestion(and the hair will become more spikey).
    So since I had no other option but to get them hydrated, I wrapped one in a towel in such a way that she can't wiggle out(the wrapping should NOT be tight, but the folds should be in such a manner that it goes over the forelimbs but below the lower jaw, and then around the head and body). Then, I put a tiny drop of warm water mixture on the tip of her mouth. After she has swallowed it, I place another drop. So drop by drop, I feed them.
    Sometimes, they would be too weak to drink a lot of water continuously. During such times, I give them the water mixture EVERY HALF HOUR (quantity is as many drops as they will take).
    Note: Make sure the water mixture is very warm(but not hot. Check the temperature with your finger or place a few drops on your inner wrist to make sure the temperature is not too hot). It encourages them to drink more.
    Hope you work relentlessly to get her hydrated because hydration is KEY for squirrels. I learnt this the hard way and I don't want anyone else to be careless just cause of some water.

here is my babies tummy photoName:  C360_2020-09-06-19-50-05-358.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  84.5 KB
    This baby is very dehydrated(spikey hair) which is the reason for the constipation. Please immediately hydrate with very warm water+sugar+salt. Also, give her little bits of watermelon as it also has a lot of water content.

This baby is very dehydrated(spikey hair) which is the reason for the constipation. Please immediately hydrate with very warm water+sugar+salt. Also, give her little bits of watermelon as it also has a lot of water content.
    thank you so so much Clare...ok I'll give her the water mixture...thank you very very much...now I gave her milk again...can you tell me how often should I give her this water micture ?

shall I give her milk further ? or stop ? and Clare I used to put a table lamp over her basket in order to warm her..is it bad ?

shall I give her milk further ? or stop ? and Clare I used to put a table lamp over her basket in order to warm her..is it bad ?
    Stop milk for 6 hours. Please give her the water mixture immediately and for every half an hour for the next 12 hours. So a total of 24 times within the next 12 hours. STOP milk for the next 6 hours. Please make sure she takes the water mixture.
    Also, give her small watermelon pieces now and every half an hour

Stop milk for 6 hours. Please give her the water mixture immediately and for every half an hour for the next 12 hours. So a total of 24 times within the next 12 hours. STOP milk for the next 6 hours. Please make sure she takes the water mixture.
    Also, give her small watermelon pieces now and every half an hour
    ok I will do as you said Clare...thank you thank you so much... I'll update the results...thank you so much

Let the table lamp cover only half the basket. That is, let the lamp light fall on only half of the basket. This is a temporary solution only.

P.S to the experts: I didn't suggest a rice buddy just yet because the baby is already dehydrated. We will suggest that after the baby has been hydrated well.

22. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Clare from:

Chirps (09-06-2020)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast