Well today miss Henny Marie enjoyed her first hickory nut. She’s six months old and I think she thought this was the hilight of her life so far. She regularly gets shell on pecans and hazelnuts from Henry’s. This nut came from our yard and we have loads. I’ve also got huge green husked black walnuts in my yard. Wondering if I can store them somehow for winter time treats. It seems so good for her teeth and she really liked it. Could I freeze them? If so how long will they keep? I so love foraging wilds for her but I always look to this site and research to be sure what I find is squirrel safe. I of course don’t want to make her sick or harm her in any way. There’s just so so much to learn about taking good care. Wow! Any information anyone can offer would be great. I’d like to offer these as her nut treat on occasion. She gets an in shelled nut 3-4 times a week. Not too much cuz she gets a bit naughty and can only think about one thing...nuts! Every day or so keeps her happy but not quite so spoiled rotten (she does also get a couple pieces of shelled walnuts, pecans or almonds each day)