Thread: Urgent Help Needed in Wilmington, NC area.

Exclamation Urgent Help Needed in Wilmington, NC area.

I have two gray squirrels that were orphaned during hurricane Isaias approx 3 weeks old. My neighbor and I found them and I had gotten them stable with the help of an out of state professional (who told me to post here). I got them hydrated and had to start them on Esbiliac as it took over a week for Zoologic to show up. They both had some diarrhea issues which cleared up. I had to go out of town for a family incident, and my neighbor who claims to have experience raising orphaned squirrels kept them for the 2 days while I was gone and promised to follow the exact regimen I had them on. Despite texting me updates and saying they were fine and eating/pooping great, long story short, they are NOT and something is terribly wrong with the boy. I’m very upset and would like for someone locally to look them over and see what can be done. My ultimate goal was to keep these two stable and happy while local rehabbers were overwhelmed by the hurricane, and give them to professionals to be released eventually. I would also like to legitimately do this in the future. Right now I can’t stand to see anything suffer, and I’m doubting my ability to handle this sort of thing. Please email me for my phone number if you are local or know someone. FilmingtonNC@gmail.com Thank you so much for what you all do.

Default Re: Urgent Help Needed in Wilmington, NC area.

Quote Originally Posted by TreeFriend View Post
    I have two gray squirrels that were orphaned during hurricane Isaias approx 3 weeks old. My neighbor and I found them and I had gotten them stable with the help of an out of state professional (who told me to post here). I got them hydrated and had to start them on Esbiliac as it took over a week for Zoologic to show up. They both had some diarrhea issues which cleared up. I had to go out of town for a family incident, and my neighbor who claims to have experience raising orphaned squirrels kept them for the 2 days while I was gone and promised to follow the exact regimen I had them on. Despite texting me updates and saying they were fine and eating/pooping great, long story short, they are NOT and something is terribly wrong with the boy. I’m very upset and would like for someone locally to look them over and see what can be done. My ultimate goal was to keep these two stable and happy while local rehabbers were overwhelmed by the hurricane, and give them to professionals to be released eventually. I would also like to legitimately do this in the future. Right now I can’t stand to see anything suffer, and I’m doubting my ability to handle this sort of thing. Please email me for my phone number if you are local or know someone. FilmingtonNC@gmail.com Thank you so much for what you all do.

Check your email for probable help....
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator