Thread: EMERGENCY HELP I THINK IT MAYBE DEAD!

Default EMERGENCY HELP I THINK IT MAYBE DEAD!

I need your help friends. The gas station attendant down the road just brought me a baby squirrel it looks like it’s only about six weeks old it’s cold and stiff but it still has all of its color I don’t see it breathing I’m trying to warm it up he said it was alive not less than an hour ago whenever he checked it apparently he found it and stuck it in a shoe box in the cold store. I don’t know if cpr even applies or what to do. He found me cause he saw me with my babies a while back and didn’t know anyone else it’s crazy to think he’s been driving up and down this road looking for my truck and came knocking on my door just now any suggestions please

Default Re: EMERGENCY HELP I THINK IT MAYBE DEAD!

Try to get it very very warm super quick! Maybe a little stimulation and even CPR may help if you can do it correctly. However, check it's gums. Usually if gums are white, then it has already passed.
    AvasMama

How do you do cpr to them? His gums are still pink but he’s not breathing he not stiff anymore that I have been heating him but no movement or breathing unless it’s so small I can’t see it.

Try making a cup around the nose and mouth with your hands with the mouth open and blow in, use two fingers to do the CPR hack... However, it could be in shock? I would just try to get it warm, and force some fluids if it isnt too late! Not milk though, Pedialyte if you can, untill you know if it is in fact alive, or hydrated.. Good Luck!! I am praying for the little one! ♥
    AvasMama

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to AvasMama from:

TubeDriver (07-24-2021)