Thread: Losing tail fur

Default Losing tail fur

Hi, I have an almost year old female grey that is special needs and she had been slowly losing her tail fur over the last three months. What was once nice and bushy is getting pretty sparse. Want sure if this is vitamin related or something else. She gets a pretty well balanced diet daily including pet block. Any ideas what going on?

Default Re: Losing tail fur

its the moult A normal occurence which can be more or less drastic depending on the individual. i have a white neuro, 7 yrs old, wo end up looking like a white rat every year for a couple of months. Some of my other NRs get a thinner tail for awhile and one guy scarcely seems to lose his ... all are on the same diet, same lifestyle.
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Scooterzmom from:

Chirps (08-16-2020)