Thread: Questions for the experts

Default Questions for the experts

Hi Family of TSB

My Boy Moby is almost 7 years old come October, what a journey this has been, Joyful, painful, happy times, CRAZY times, but now I have to start thinking logically about his age.

None of us stay healthy forever, and I am always afraid that he may get sick and we are not able to find a vet that would see him without taking the risk of putting him down, or simply not returning him to me since he is not a legal pet.

This current pandemic I think has made many people including myself think twice about how valuable life is, and how much time was wasted before we were forced to give up what we used to take for granted, so I decided to make a lot of changes once this is over (by this I mean there is a vaccine) to where we can start going back to our lives again.

I want to give him a better life style, a bigger space to run around, and I want to make sure I have a vet I can visit anytime he needs medical care. SO, today I am asking you all who you can recommend as a great vet. I live in OK, and I am prepared to move to TX, CO, these are the two states my company can approve for me to move to.

Also, I would love any fun ideas or activities that would keep him active you would suggest (toys, games, Foods)

OH- Also dose anyone know where I can buy him some clothing Winter is coming and I want to try getting him some shirts and such
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Questions for the experts

What an endearing photo💙 I am going to memorize it and mentally refer to the peaceful, loving attitude it shows as I navigate a day that is brutally difficult for me. Thank you

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SugarMom from:

RamiS (08-13-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMom View Post
    What an endearing photo💙 I am going to memorize it and mentally refer to the peaceful, loving attitude it shows as I navigate a day that is brutally difficult for me. Thank you
    I hope your day improves and it turns around for you-

I looked through my notes and have no resources for OK. I have the names of a couple of rehabbers in Colorado that could probably help you locate a vet in that state. Texas is an iffy state, too. I have a couple of names of vets, one in Sugarland and one in Houston, but that state has been known to confiscate.

I’d be happy to share what information I have if it will help. Message me.

RamiS, one of the most wonderful wildlife rehab facilities is in OK: Wild Heart Ranch.
    Their facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/WildHeartRanch/
    Annette King is a beautiful person, I have only heard good things about her. The website is: http://www.4thewild.org/?p=aboutus

I would bet they would work with you to ensure that little Moby has every advantage he deserves.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

7. Serious fuzzy thank you's to island rehabber from:

Mel1959 (08-14-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by island rehabber View Post
    RamiS, one of the most wonderful wildlife rehab facilities is in OK: Wild Heart Ranch.
    Their facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/WildHeartRanch/
    Annette King is a beautiful person, I have only heard good things about her. The website is: http://www.4thewild.org/?p=aboutus

I would bet they would work with you to ensure that little Moby has every advantage he deserves.
    Hi

Yes, I hear all good things about them. However, It is not legal to keep him in OK as a Pet. Therefore, if I take him in, they are obligated to confiscate him, or put him down as he is too old for release.