Thread: Severely dehydrated baby

Default Severely dehydrated baby

Hi all. 3 babies were found yesterday (1 had passed). Today I received the littlegirl who is 63gram, I think about 3-4 wks. Both siblings started hydration fluid yesterday. The little boy has responded and is now on goat milk formula. Little girl not looking good. Lethargic, neck still tenting. What is best protocol for her. Thank you in advance💜☮️🐿

Default Re: Severely dehydrated baby

Quote Originally Posted by Jeltje View Post
    Hi all. 3 babies were found yesterday (1 had passed). Today I received the littlegirl who is 63gram, I think about 3-4 wks. Both siblings started hydration fluid yesterday. The little boy has responded and is now on goat milk formula. Little girl not looking good. Lethargic, neck still tenting. What is best protocol for her. Thank you in advance��☮️��
    Goat milk formula is only a temporary formula as it is lacking in nutrition. If they are 3-4 weeks, I would get them on Fox Valley 20/50.
    Keep hydrating even if drop by drop. What are you using for hydration, the homemade solution, or Pedialyte?
    Do you know how to sub q?
    I think at this point, that may be your best option.

I was using Pedialyte but switched to homemade as I was concerned about the sodium ( Nancy from Newyork post on rehydrating). I am very concerned as she is lethargic and looks emaciated. I have never done sub q, but am a fast learner and a dental hygienist (give anesthesia). It is impossible to find an actual rehabber in NJ. I am afraid she will not make it much longer. I gave her fluids every hour thru the night. Not turning around yet. I would appreciate any advice. Thank you!

Lol I read YOUR post regarding hydration! That is what I have been doing💜