Thread: Squirrel throwing up

Hybrid View

Default Squirrel throwing up

I went to wake Luna up this morning to feed her milk she didn't want to come out of the cage. I noticed she had something on her face and it looked like vomit. It smelled really bad too. She wouldnt touch her water, wouldnt drink her milk and wouldn't touch her food. I thought maybe she was just messy with a hhb that she somehow stashed in her cage. Then I got her out and she went on top of her cage and vomited a white stream into her potty pan. Shes being extremely cuddly which she never is that cuddly. Shes visibly not feeling well. Please help im balling I dont want to lose my baby.

Default Re: Squirrel throwing up

How old is she? What "milk" are you feeding?

She needs hydration, even if you have to give it to her drop by drop. Make it more attractive with a drop of honey or a tiny bit of sugar and literally if all you can do is put a drop at a time in her mouth, do it. Heat it like formula.

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to CritterMom from:

lunabeam (07-29-2020)

She's 4-5 months old. I feed her fox valley formula. I gave her some water in a syringe and she's now drinking some from a bowl. Shes going through spurts of laying down visibly not looking well, then she'll throw up. She just did twice about 30 mins ago. Then she jump and run around like she's normally does when she wants to play.

Try to keep her quiet and drinking.

The HHBs WILL GO BAD - that is why we (and Henry's) suggest that you keep them in the freezer, with a day or two's quantity in the refrigerator. It also means that you need to be really tough about policing stashes. Get rid of ALL stashed food every day. I had my flying squirrel get ill from old HHMs that he had hidden away once - it is not a good thing at all.

Do you keep the FV powder in the freezer? You do need to keep the powder itself in the freezer or it will go rancid. It mixes up just fine right from the freezer. She is pretty old for formula at this point, too!

6. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

Chirps (07-29-2020), island rehabber (07-29-2020), lunabeam (07-29-2020)

I do keep the henrys blocks in the freezer. As for the powdered milk I was keeping in the refrigerator, I feel so terrible that she's ill all because of me. I know she's a little old for the milk but she just didn't quite seem like she would ween plus I thought the extra nutrients from the milk wouldn't harm her

she just threw uo again and dry heaved