Thread: Injured Baby squirrel Ft Lauderdale Florida Need help

Default Injured Baby squirrel Ft Lauderdale Florida Need help

My wife and I found an injured baby squirrel this morning on the sidewalk. It has two pretty band lacerations on its side about half an inch each. the baby is only a couple inches long and is just past the pinky stage. Eyes and ears still closed. I was a medic in the military so I cleaned the wounds and used anti-bacterial cream on them. gave it a few drops of water and a hot water bottle. I purchased Esbillac and he has eaten a few drops every two hours. He is actively trying to walk and makes little noises. My problem is my wife and I are on-call Pilots and could be called for a flight at any time. We want this little guy to make it so we are looking for rehabbers in the area. We just need help when we have to fly. We will be happy to continue as best we can when we are home. Is there anyone in the area that can help.

Thanks in advance,
    Mike
    jettdriver2001@yahoo.com

PS we did make every effort to locate its mother. we went back to the area many times today. We think it was dropped by a bird.

Default Re: Injured Baby squirrel Ft Lauderdale Florida Need help

Please no esbilac! Go under fornum or do a keyword search amd theres a post about esbilac problems amd.what to feed for other options.

The baby may need antibiotics. You can only have a vet if you are in a legal state see them or a rehabber.

There are rehabbers here. Someone will answer or do you want me to find you a rehabber in florida?

Sincerely
    Mary r.

Squirrelagirl Guest

The only esbalic that’s safe if the esbalic GME, which is powdered goats milk... it is next to the regular esbalic at Percocet and I’ve only seen it in a small can... it has a picture of a pug on it.. the one with the pic of the white dog on it is the bad one.

Skytimes, do you still need help? I just saw this post but can put the word out via other squirrel groups and FB who have more members on the east coast of Florida --- let us know!
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '