Thread: Suddenly a Picky Eater

Default Suddenly a Picky Eater

Surely I can’t be the only one with a picky eater....

My squirrel Sherby has been eating well the past 7 weeks in my care, but recently seems to have gotten picky. Examples: the fox valley Formula (outgrown it but I still try just so she’s eating something), Henry’s healthy blocks, or carrots anymore... nor does she seem interested in lettuce, corn, avocados, bananas etc.

She does not seem to be losing weight, and her energy level/behavior is still great/same. No signs of being sick!

What should I do? What other blocks or food should I try.

Name:  6BD00CA2-01A6-4EE2-BC75-447853716719.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  107.1 KB

Default Re: Suddenly a Picky Eater

Mine lived lucky waters formula only. I didnt use the other blocks like mazuri cause I feel henerys is best.

I bought mazuri monkey chow for treat only. Trust me. Pnut was just like this. I had to put my foot dow. Blocks first once ate, and they make a mess, then heres your salad. No treats and none of her new fav list. Sje had to eat what was best for her. I didnt listen to a rehabber and I made the problem worse by giving in thinking she will starve. Sje wont. Shell eat. Put food in the cage or where ever she is and walk away. They are smart. If they catch u peeking they remember that. So walk away do something u need to do. She will eat.

Sje looks so much like my pnut and pnut loved to have her hair brushed with a tooth brush.

Sincerely

Mary r.