Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Heartbroken squirrel mom

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    21
    Thanked: 6

    Default Heartbroken squirrel mom

    Hello, I have a 9 month old black male squirrel we have been caring for since he was only a few weeks old. We have been preparing for a release once we moved to the country in a few weeks, but unfortunately he got out yesterday when a wind storm blew opened a screen in my living room.
    He has been outside before, but I always had my eye on him and he never went far, just in the tree in the front yard. this time though, I haven't seen him yet, at all since he left.
    I am extremely worried as he has a skin condition that has left him with areas of his body without fur. I'm scared he will die from the wind and cold. Other than that, he is a healthy rambunctious, sweet baby, always giving kisses and hugs.
    I am extremely sad and worried. Will he be ok? Will he come back? Or is it possible he went too far and cant get back? I cant stop crying....nutty I know. He is my baby and has never spent this long outside. The weather here is windy and rainy today. Beyond worried and devastated. Anyone have any ideas or advice? Can squirrels get lost? Or will he be able to find his way home? Thank you.

  2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to lola from:

    RockyPops (07-01-2020)

  3. #2
    SammysMom's Avatar
    SammysMom is offline Administrator, Conn. Licensed Wildlife Rehabilitator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    31,252
    Thanked: 13153

    Default Re: Heartbroken squirrel mom

    He will likely come back. You should call him and have some of his own things outdoors for him to find. If its still storming, ut may take longer as he is probably tucked in.
    Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net



  4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SammysMom from:

    RockyPops (07-01-2020)

  5. #3
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    21
    Thanked: 6

    Default Re: Heartbroken squirrel mom

    Quote Originally Posted by SammysMom View Post
    He will likely come back. You should call him and have some of his own things outdoors for him to find. If its still storming, ut may take longer as he is probably tucked in.
    Thank you. I really hope so. Where would he be tucked in? He doesnt have a nest. Wouldn't he have come out to eat? Do they remember where home is? Do they travel far? Could his quote GPS, be off, meaning he went too far? I am so worried.

  6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to lola from:

    RockyPops (07-01-2020)

  7. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    East Coast, USA!
    Posts
    18,851
    Thanked: 10691

    Default Re: Heartbroken squirrel mom

    Walk all around your property calling for him and bring some treats and any toys he likes. He should not be too far from your home.
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

    Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

    "Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

  8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to TubeDriver from:

    RockyPops (07-01-2020)

  9. #5
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    21
    Thanked: 6

    Default Re: Heartbroken squirrel mom

    Quote Originally Posted by TubeDriver View Post
    Walk all around your property calling for him and bring some treats and any toys he likes. He should not be too far from your home.
    Thank you. I have done exactly that, and will continue to do that. I am losing hope but praying I at least can see him again, to know he is safe.. He is easy to spot, as he is missing fur and is smaller than most, but has a beautiful tail, oddly enough. Will try again tonight and early in the morning as they are more active then. Thank you again, I really needed to hear there is chance he may still come home.

  10. Serious fuzzy thank you's to lola from:

    RockyPops (07-01-2020)

  11. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Rivendell
    Posts
    693
    Thanked: 1123

    Default Re: Heartbroken squirrel mom

    Just saw this. Praying he finds his way back to you. Please keep us posted.

  12. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Chirps from:

    RockyPops (07-01-2020)

  13. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Monks Corner SC
    Posts
    43
    Thanked: 33

    Default Re: Heartbroken squirrel mom

    My previous squirrel, Squirrelagirl, used to get out all the time and was consequently killed by cats because the last time she got Out we didn’t know at first and it got dark and squirrels are colorblind so them getting caught out at night without shelter is very dangerous. I’m not trying to scare you I just want you to know how urgent it is that u put some kind of nesting box out there for him to seek refuge in if he needs it. Even if u go around and nail soMe boxes with clothes In Them to some trees so that he can catch your sent. The more familiar things he sees the more likely he’ll be to come to them. Don’t give up keep calling him and looking around. The bad thing about the weather is wherever he is she’s probably battened down trying to stay warm and dry so hell be harder to good thing about the wind and rain is that it makes it hard for predators to hunt.

  14. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Squirrelagirl from:

    RockyPops (07-01-2020)

  15. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    McDonough,Georgia
    Posts
    39
    Thanked: 29

    Default Re: Heartbroken squirrel mom

    Quote Originally Posted by lola View Post
    Hello, I have a 9 month old black male squirrel we have been caring for since he was only a few weeks old. We have been preparing for a release once we moved to the country in a few weeks, but unfortunately he got out yesterday when a wind storm blew opened a screen in my living room.
    He has been outside before, but I always had my eye on him and he never went far, just in the tree in the front yard. this time though, I haven't seen him yet, at all since he left.
    I am extremely worried as he has a skin condition that has left him with areas of his body without fur. I'm scared he will die from the wind and cold. Other than that, he is a healthy rambunctious, sweet baby, always giving kisses and hugs.
    I am extremely sad and worried. Will he be ok? Will he come back? Or is it possible he went too far and cant get back? I cant stop crying....nutty I know. He is my baby and has never spent this long outside. The weather here is windy and rainy today. Beyond worried and devastated. Anyone have any ideas or advice? Can squirrels get lost? Or will he be able to find his way home? Thank you.
    Hello, I'm sorry for the pain you are going through.
    I replied to your post last night but do not see my reply here today--either the post didn't completely get processed or possibly because I posted my cell phone # in it--although i have done that previously without a problem. I'm not very knowledgeable about message boards,&I apologize if this is the second reply posted by me...

    I pray that your little boy is returned home already as you read this message. My little boy Fritzie ,is also 9 month old now,and went missing on May 27th.
    If you haven't found him, please don't give up searching for him and leaving food and water and a box with blanket for him every day and night. At least two humane traps,and set them at dawn,if he is a regular squirrel, or, at dusk, if he is a flying squirrel. These humane traps are very reasonably priced on Amazon.

    A few weeks ago I posted in life threatening help needed ,about my flying squirrel named Fritzie who went missing on the night of May 27th.
    I want you to know that I know the pain you are feeling. I continue to struggle with becoming despondant every few days,but I have discovered that,on the nights(Fritzie is a flying squirrel-therefore he is nocturnal)that I have a positive hopeful and determined outlook about Fritzie, are when I feel that he is looking down on me,from the trees. There are so many huge trees on and around my property. I say the phrases in the exact same tone that he was is used to hearing. I make sure to sound very upbeat and happy, joking around,slapping my leg for him to run up it ,telling him "Fritzie!!!...it's your bedtime!! ..are you my little sugarplum?....I love my little sugarplum! ...Lil Frit-zie Sugaplum...or when I would pet him to sleep, telling him in baby talk: "Fritzie is SUCH a good boy....my good little boy....i love my little Fritzie...i love my little boy.......I get a lot of responses from the trees, from flying squirrels (as well as regular squirrels, birds and various other wildlife who are having their sleep disturbed).
    I only have a lot of experience with cats and dogs,but from my experience with having rescued cats who accidentally went missing from my house, I know that if the animal is not used to "the outdoors"--even if it's a completely tame pet,as was the case with my cat Popeye,who got loose as I was carrying him in his carrier from my garage to the car,to take him to the vet, the carrier popped open,Popeye fell out,and he just ran,jumped over the fence&into the adjoining wooded area. I left food out for him every night.Almost a week later,even though I saw no sign of him(the food had been eaten every night,it was no proof that it had been eaten by Popeye),I decided to set the humane traps and put his can of food inside it. I went to check the trap at about 4 am,and Popeye was in it!
    Please send me a private message I will send you my tel# to call or text.
    My dog Pandy brought Fritzie to me from my somewhere in my 2+ acres backyard when he was a one or two day old newborn and he is now 9 months old. He is my little boy.
    On the night of May 27th,a little side door on Fritzie's cage was pushed open and had gone unnoticed&overlooked,at the same time I decided to window open the slightly open the window to give Fritzie some fresh air and nature sounds prior to our nightly, out-of-cage playtime before bed. I spend an hour with him at around midnight, after my chores are done,before my bedtime. After I opened the window,I exited my bedroom(Fritzies cage is in the en-suite bathroom in my bedroom),I continued chores. I was mopping the kitchen floor when I then noticed my dogs, who were in the backyard for their final outing before bedtime, were sniffing an area of grass under a tree.I went to investigate and there was a newly deceased little squirrel (that had been killed by one of my dogs) what I believed at that time, to be a flying squirrel. I am now, unsure of the type of squirrel &may have been a very young dark grey squirrel. I gathered up the little squirrel &wrapped it in a dish towel& brought it into the house. I continued to mop when suddenly I felt panicked,ran to check on Fritzie-& he was gone&immediately checked the deceased squirrel again,didn't recognize him as Fritzie, had boyfriend confirm that it isn't him(I have him frozen and have checked several times since then, because of the timing;every few days of searching for him,I would convince myself that the deceased little squirrel must have been Fritzie,because if he were still able to,Fritzie would have come to me when he heard me calling him. If he could come to me,he would have come. But I continue to become more successful at shutting out the negative inner dialogue with myself,because that's ALL it is. However, the inner dialogue will become fact, once I choose to believe it. It's very important to not believe anything negative about your missing little boy. Think about him as a little kid who wandered off because he met a friend,or a group of friends and they went out and had an adventure and is having the time of his life!; He hasn't forgotten or stopped loving his mom and his home, but he's having endless fun with his new found friend, or perhaps his first girlfriend! and he can't quite pull himself away from the daily new adventures!

    I made a lot of mistakes in those crucial first few hours after Fritzie went out the window. I was so completely hysterical & couldn't stop crying, I have never felt this completely destroyed. I brought pecans&walnuts to the front porch by where the window is located,and called him. I realize now that by my hysteria and uncontrolled crying,calling his name, would have frightened him,and he probably was still close by,but I probably caused him to be afraid to come back! My property is almost 3acres&a park across the street,there are dozens of large trees.I spent the night searching and calling him. He has never been outdoors and has no survival skills. I look for him every dusk then before dawn,and any time I wake up in the middle of the night. I would give anything I have, to know that he was able to survive.
    I have hopeful information from a "nuisance"squirrel removal technician,who told me that despite never having been outdoors,despite him being by himself,that squirrels still do well in the wild. That he releases the squirrels he removes from people's attics,homes,etc and has had the same squirrels come to greet him even a year later,when he happens to return to release another group or single squirrel.

  16. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    McDonough,Georgia
    Posts
    39
    Thanked: 29

    Default Re: Heartbroken squirrel mom

    Quote Originally Posted by lola View Post
    Hello, I have a 9 month old black male squirrel we have been caring for since he was only a few weeks old. We have been preparing for a release once we moved to the country in a few weeks, but unfortunately he got out yesterday when a wind storm blew opened a screen in my living room.
    He has been outside before, but I always had my eye on him and he never went far, just in the tree in the front yard. this time though, I haven't seen him yet, at all since he left.
    I am extremely worried as he has a skin condition that has left him with areas of his body without fur. I'm scared he will die from the wind and cold. Other than that, he is a healthy rambunctious, sweet baby, always giving kisses and hugs.
    I am extremely sad and worried. Will he be ok? Will he come back? Or is it possible he went too far and cant get back? I cant stop crying....nutty I know. He is my baby and has never spent this long outside. The weather here is windy and rainy today. Beyond worried and devastated. Anyone have any ideas or advice? Can squirrels get lost? Or will he be able to find his way home? Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelagirl View Post
    My previous squirrel, Squirrelagirl, used to get out all the time and was consequently killed by cats because the last time she got Out we didnít know at first and it got dark and squirrels are colorblind so them getting caught out at night without shelter is very dangerous. Iím not trying to scare you I just want you to know how urgent it is that u put some kind of nesting box out there for him to seek refuge in if he needs it. Even if u go around and nail soMe boxes with clothes In Them to some trees so that he can catch your sent. The more familiar things he sees the more likely heíll be to come to them. Donít give up keep calling him and looking around. The bad thing about the weather is wherever he is sheís probably battened down trying to stay warm and dry so hell be harder to good thing about the wind and rain is that it makes it hard for predators to hunt.
    That is such a good idea.My little Fritzie is also missing since May 27. I didn't think to put up nesting boxes.thank you

  17. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Fritzie'sMom from:

    RockyPops (07-01-2020)

  18. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    16,298
    Thanked: 10766

    Default Re: Heartbroken squirrel mom

    Quote Originally Posted by lola View Post
    I really needed to hear there is chance he may still come home.

    When it's all you have, hold onto faith and have hope...
    My adult girl raised from a baby chewed through a screen and escaped around one of the coldest winters we've had.
    I was convinced there was no way she could have made it out there, she had been missing about a year.
    She came back, injuried but alive. Still with me she'll be turning 10 in a few months.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator


  19. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to stepnstone:

    kathy291 (07-01-2020), RockyPops (07-01-2020)

  20. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    McDonough,Georgia
    Posts
    39
    Thanked: 29

    Default Re: Heartbroken squirrel mom

    Quote Originally Posted by stepnstone View Post

    When it's all you have, hold onto faith and have hope...
    My adult girl raised from a baby chewed through a screen and escaped around one of the coldest winters we've had.
    I was convinced there was no way she could have made it out there, she had been missing about a year.
    She came back, injuried but alive. Still with me she'll be turning 10 in a few months.
    I have been searching,googling, to find exactly what you wrote. Thank you so much,I'm so glad your little girl found her way home!
    My Fritzie is also missing,since May 27th.I look for him every night. I will never stop looking for him.

  21. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Fritzie'sMom:

    RockyPops (07-01-2020), stepnstone (07-01-2020)

  22. #12
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    21
    Thanked: 6

    Default Re: Heartbroken squirrel mom

    Quote Originally Posted by Fritzie'sMom View Post
    I have been searching,googling, to find exactly what you wrote. Thank you so much,I'm so glad your little girl found her way home!
    My Fritzie is also missing,since May 27th.I look for him every night. I will never stop looking for him.
    Thank you to everyone, I feel less crazy. I still haven't found him and I go from crying hysterically to getting angry at myself for letting this happen.

    He has always been easy to find when he got out before, this time, despite a little orange necklace, I put on him, to spot him if this every happened, i haven't seen a sign of him since he left on Monday.

    I am losing hope, and I miss him horribly. I miss his kisses, and his snuggles and playing with him. My heart is truly broken.

  23. Serious fuzzy thank you's to lola from:

    RockyPops (07-01-2020)

  24. #13
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    21
    Thanked: 6

    Default Re: Heartbroken squirrel mom

    Quote Originally Posted by Fritzie'sMom View Post
    Hello, I'm sorry for the pain you are going through.
    I replied to your post last night but do not see my reply here today--either the post didn't completely get processed or possibly because I posted my cell phone # in it--although i have done that previously without a problem. I'm not very knowledgeable about message boards,&I apologize if this is the second reply posted by me...

    I pray that your little boy is returned home already as you read this message. My little boy Fritzie ,is also 9 month old now,and went missing on May 27th.
    If you haven't found him, please don't give up searching for him and leaving food and water and a box with blanket for him every day and night. At least two humane traps,and set them at dawn,if he is a regular squirrel, or, at dusk, if he is a flying squirrel. These humane traps are very reasonably priced on Amazon.

    A few weeks ago I posted in life threatening help needed ,about my flying squirrel named Fritzie who went missing on the night of May 27th.
    I want you to know that I know the pain you are feeling. I continue to struggle with becoming despondant every few days,but I have discovered that,on the nights(Fritzie is a flying squirrel-therefore he is nocturnal)that I have a positive hopeful and determined outlook about Fritzie, are when I feel that he is looking down on me,from the trees. There are so many huge trees on and around my property. I say the phrases in the exact same tone that he was is used to hearing. I make sure to sound very upbeat and happy, joking around,slapping my leg for him to run up it ,telling him "Fritzie!!!...it's your bedtime!! ..are you my little sugarplum?....I love my little sugarplum! ...Lil Frit-zie Sugaplum...or when I would pet him to sleep, telling him in baby talk: "Fritzie is SUCH a good boy....my good little boy....i love my little Fritzie...i love my little boy.......I get a lot of responses from the trees, from flying squirrels (as well as regular squirrels, birds and various other wildlife who are having their sleep disturbed).
    I only have a lot of experience with cats and dogs,but from my experience with having rescued cats who accidentally went missing from my house, I know that if the animal is not used to "the outdoors"--even if it's a completely tame pet,as was the case with my cat Popeye,who got loose as I was carrying him in his carrier from my garage to the car,to take him to the vet, the carrier popped open,Popeye fell out,and he just ran,jumped over the fence&into the adjoining wooded area. I left food out for him every night.Almost a week later,even though I saw no sign of him(the food had been eaten every night,it was no proof that it had been eaten by Popeye),I decided to set the humane traps and put his can of food inside it. I went to check the trap at about 4 am,and Popeye was in it!
    Please send me a private message I will send you my tel# to call or text.
    My dog Pandy brought Fritzie to me from my somewhere in my 2+ acres backyard when he was a one or two day old newborn and he is now 9 months old. He is my little boy.
    On the night of May 27th,a little side door on Fritzie's cage was pushed open and had gone unnoticed&overlooked,at the same time I decided to window open the slightly open the window to give Fritzie some fresh air and nature sounds prior to our nightly, out-of-cage playtime before bed. I spend an hour with him at around midnight, after my chores are done,before my bedtime. After I opened the window,I exited my bedroom(Fritzies cage is in the en-suite bathroom in my bedroom),I continued chores. I was mopping the kitchen floor when I then noticed my dogs, who were in the backyard for their final outing before bedtime, were sniffing an area of grass under a tree.I went to investigate and there was a newly deceased little squirrel (that had been killed by one of my dogs) what I believed at that time, to be a flying squirrel. I am now, unsure of the type of squirrel &may have been a very young dark grey squirrel. I gathered up the little squirrel &wrapped it in a dish towel& brought it into the house. I continued to mop when suddenly I felt panicked,ran to check on Fritzie-& he was gone&immediately checked the deceased squirrel again,didn't recognize him as Fritzie, had boyfriend confirm that it isn't him(I have him frozen and have checked several times since then, because of the timing;every few days of searching for him,I would convince myself that the deceased little squirrel must have been Fritzie,because if he were still able to,Fritzie would have come to me when he heard me calling him. If he could come to me,he would have come. But I continue to become more successful at shutting out the negative inner dialogue with myself,because that's ALL it is. However, the inner dialogue will become fact, once I choose to believe it. It's very important to not believe anything negative about your missing little boy. Think about him as a little kid who wandered off because he met a friend,or a group of friends and they went out and had an adventure and is having the time of his life!; He hasn't forgotten or stopped loving his mom and his home, but he's having endless fun with his new found friend, or perhaps his first girlfriend! and he can't quite pull himself away from the daily new adventures!

    I made a lot of mistakes in those crucial first few hours after Fritzie went out the window. I was so completely hysterical & couldn't stop crying, I have never felt this completely destroyed. I brought pecans&walnuts to the front porch by where the window is located,and called him. I realize now that by my hysteria and uncontrolled crying,calling his name, would have frightened him,and he probably was still close by,but I probably caused him to be afraid to come back! My property is almost 3acres&a park across the street,there are dozens of large trees.I spent the night searching and calling him. He has never been outdoors and has no survival skills. I look for him every dusk then before dawn,and any time I wake up in the middle of the night. I would give anything I have, to know that he was able to survive.
    I have hopeful information from a "nuisance"squirrel removal technician,who told me that despite never having been outdoors,despite him being by himself,that squirrels still do well in the wild. That he releases the squirrels he removes from people's attics,homes,etc and has had the same squirrels come to greet him even a year later,when he happens to return to release another group or single squirrel.
    I'm so sorry to hear about Fritzie. Our stories are similar. I too look everywhere, at dawn at dusk and millions of times in between. I call for him but there are so many trees in my area too, he could be anywhere. I have his favorite walnuts ready and I cant stop looking.

    I pray over and over that we find our babies! 💔
    Until then, my heart is broken.

  25. Serious fuzzy thank you's to lola from:

    RockyPops (07-01-2020)

  26. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Sc
    Posts
    157
    Thanked: 194

    Default Re: Heartbroken squirrel mom

    DONT LOOSE HOPE..GET SOME THINGS THAT HE WAS FAMILAR WITH. A TOY SOME FLEECE , ETC. GET HIS NEST BOX AND PUT IT IN THE CKOSEST TREE BY THAT WINDOW. HE PROBABLY WENT OUT THAT WINDOW AND RAN UP THE CLOSEST TREE.

    GET OUT THERE EARLY. I DONT KNOW WJEN YIUR SUNRISE IS OR SUNSET BUT MG WILDS ARE AT THE FEEDING STATIONS 30 MIN TO AN HOUR AFTER SUNRISE. THE BIRDS IS WHAT LETS THEM KNOW I PUT FOOD OUT.

    WHAT EVER WAS HIS FAVORITE FOOD, AVOCADO, APPLES, SOMETHING THAT SMELLS REAL STRING USE THAT AMD CALL HIM
    DO U REMEMBER WHAT NOSIES ATTRACTED HIM LIME A JAR OR PAGAGE OF NUTS.

    TRY THAT AMD KEEP US POSTED

    SINCERELY MARY R.

  27. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    McDonough,Georgia
    Posts
    39
    Thanked: 29

    Default Re: Heartbroken squirrel mom

    Quote Originally Posted by lola View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear about Fritzie. Our stories are similar. I too look everywhere, at dawn at dusk and millions of times in between. I call for him but there are so many trees in my area too, he could be anywhere. I have his favorite walnuts ready and I cant stop looking.

    I pray over and over that we find our babies! 💔
    Until then, my heart is broken.
    I am so sorry. Would it be ok to ask your little boys name? We are going to get through this and our little boys will return home.
    My beloved dog Flossie passed away in early March due to a horrible sequence of screw ups by the vet clinic. I was despondant and I feel that Fritzie would not have ended up missing had I been vigilant but I was not.I allowed my sadness to prevail. When Fritzie left I felt like I couldn't continue living but at the same time I couldn't stop searching for him and my dogs and cats,who are rescues, need me. And not just physically but mentally I have to find a positive outlook. Plus we have to take care of ourselves so that we are here when they return home.
    The only way that they can return to us is if we find a way to turn our pain into positivity. We can't allow ourselves to think about all the things we are worried about happening to them,because it will make it more likely to actually happen. Their lives depend on thinking only positive thoughts ,about them, and about everything in our lives. I am very happy to have read a reply to your post, from I believe her name is Squirrel girl but I may be completely incorrect about the name,but her squirrel returned to her a year after she went missing! It is a real gift to know that they absolutely do return home. We have to continue to remind ourselves about the positive things,like, they went out to investigate the smells and sounds that attracted them,so, they know where they currently are.As far as they are concerned,they are not lost. Also ,we have zero evidence that they are not ok,therefore, they are presently; ok. Please feel welcome to call me or text for any reason at all. 404-933-0211, or PM is also very good. My name is Mona.
    Maybe we are going through this experience at the same time,because we needed to know that there's another person who understands what we are going through and maybe comparing notes and supporting each other will help each of us to maintain the positivity about this experience that we will need to get through it. I am trying to make sense of why, we are going thru this tragedy.

  28. #16
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    21
    Thanked: 6

    Default Re: Heartbroken squirrel mom

    Quote Originally Posted by Fritzie'sMom View Post
    I am so sorry. Would it be ok to ask your little boys name? We are going to get through this and our little boys will return home.
    My beloved dog Flossie passed away in early March due to a horrible sequence of screw ups by the vet clinic. I was despondant and I feel that Fritzie would not have ended up missing had I been vigilant but I was not.I allowed my sadness to prevail. When Fritzie left I felt like I couldn't continue living but at the same time I couldn't stop searching for him and my dogs and cats,who are rescues, need me. And not just physically but mentally I have to find a positive outlook. Plus we have to take care of ourselves so that we are here when they return home.
    The only way that they can return to us is if we find a way to turn our pain into positivity. We can't allow ourselves to think about all the things we are worried about happening to them,because it will make it more likely to actually happen. Their lives depend on thinking only positive thoughts ,about them, and about everything in our lives. I am very happy to have read a reply to your post, from I believe her name is Squirrel girl but I may be completely incorrect about the name,but her squirrel returned to her a year after she went missing! It is a real gift to know that they absolutely do return home. We have to continue to remind ourselves about the positive things,like, they went out to investigate the smells and sounds that attracted them,so, they know where they currently are.As far as they are concerned,they are not lost. Also ,we have zero evidence that they are not ok,therefore, they are presently; ok. Please feel welcome to call me or text for any reason at all. 404-933-0211, or PM is also very good. My name is Mona.
    Maybe we are going through this experience at the same time,because we needed to know that there's another person who understands what we are going through and maybe comparing notes and supporting each other will help each of us to maintain the positivity about this experience that we will need to get through it. I am trying to make sense of why, we are going thru this tragedy.
    Hi Mona. Thank you so much. Its soooo hard for anyone but another squirrel mom to understand. My baby is called Negrito, as he is my sweet black baby boy. He has never dissapeared this long. I am devastated.
    I'm so sorry about Flossie, we are alot alike, as I have lost a beloved dog too, due to vet incompetence after a rabies shot. His name was Max. I would love to talk in person, but I'm in Canada. Long distance charges will kill me. How about FB?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  29. #17
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    21
    Thanked: 6

    Default Re: Heartbroken squirrel mom

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy2019 View Post
    DONT LOOSE HOPE..GET SOME THINGS THAT HE WAS FAMILAR WITH. A TOY SOME FLEECE , ETC. GET HIS NEST BOX AND PUT IT IN THE CKOSEST TREE BY THAT WINDOW. HE PROBABLY WENT OUT THAT WINDOW AND RAN UP THE CLOSEST TREE.

    GET OUT THERE EARLY. I DONT KNOW WJEN YIUR SUNRISE IS OR SUNSET BUT MG WILDS ARE AT THE FEEDING STATIONS 30 MIN TO AN HOUR AFTER SUNRISE. THE BIRDS IS WHAT LETS THEM KNOW I PUT FOOD OUT.

    WHAT EVER WAS HIS FAVORITE FOOD, AVOCADO, APPLES, SOMETHING THAT SMELLS REAL STRING USE THAT AMD CALL HIM
    DO U REMEMBER WHAT NOSIES ATTRACTED HIM LIME A JAR OR PAGAGE OF NUTS.

    TRY THAT AMD KEEP US POSTED

    SINCERELY MARY R.
    Thank you Mary. Yes, I get up at 5am, same time he would, and look for him, call him, make familiar noises, my hubby too, unfortunately no luck.
    I am beyond worried. Never ever has he been gone this long and without me spotting him in the trees or bushes. This time he has dissapeared and no sign of him at all.
    I am not giving up, but losing hope I'm afraid. Maybe hes hurt, or too far, or fallen prey to predators.

  30. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    McDonough,Georgia
    Posts
    39
    Thanked: 29

    Post Re: Heartbroken squirrel mom

    Quote Originally Posted by lola View Post
    Hi Mona. Thank you so much. Its soooo hard for anyone but another squirrel mom to understand. My baby is called Negrito, as he is my sweet black baby boy. He has never dissapeared this long. I am devastated.
    I'm so sorry about Flossie, we are alot alike, as I have lost a beloved dog too, due to vet incompetence after a rabies shot. His name was Max. I would love to talk in person, but I'm in Canada. Long distance charges will kill me. How about FB?
    Negrito is a very beautiful little boy with such an expressive,loving face. I am so looking forward to the happiness we will have when they are back at home!
    I think our little boys went out to investigate all the interesting sounds and smells,and their adolescent hormones encouraged them to go on an adventure to pursue some of the interesting animals, sounds, and smells, outside their window , that they have been observing and wondering about.

    The messages we receive and have received, throughout our lives, from our society,from the tv news,commercials,tv shows, nature documentariesmovies, are&have been, overwhelmingly negative and have invoked and perpetuate into our conscious as well as deep into our
    subconscious, that we exist in a dangerous world. With that belief about the world in which we live; we are anticipating and accepting that our reality will continually provide us with evidence that will reinforce our belief about the nature of the world in which we live. Namely, that our world is a dangerous place. I believe that we are tormented with worry about our little babies, because of all the dangerous possibilities which we have watched on tv,read about,heard about,as well as past experiences we may have lived through.

    I think that we can help our babies and ourselves, by making a conscious effort to focus on on all the possible very good, happy, hilarious adventures and scenarios that our little boys can be experiencing in the course of their respective "hiatus'" or "hiatii" investigating, exploring, and inquiring; about what other cool things this world may have to offer.
    Facebook is absolutely fine with me. I want to mention that,my brother also lives in Canada,in Montreal. I communicate with him by Facebook messenger and also only occasionally had spoken over the phone using hangouts dialer app,without a problem,because my cell phone company, didn't include phone calls to Canada from the US. A few days ago,I realize that I haven't spoken to him by phone for almost two years and wanted to give him a quick call just to say hi. I called him over Facebook messenger,but there seemed to be a delay and the quality of sound was low. I didn't remember the hangouts app but I have recently switched my cell phone service to Simple mobile and remembered that I had made the switch,because not only is it $25/month(and they actually, are contracted with TMobile,so it's the exact same quality&service)compared with my previous TMobile service which was $34/month,but also includes unlimited phone calls to Canada, and so we had a nice talk. So,if we have any problem with FB messenger,we can always try hangouts dialer,and maybe u can find out, from your cell phone service,whether you can receive calls from the US for free,just not place any calls TO the US.
    My Facebook messenger is M_Christine

  31. #19
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    21
    Thanked: 6

    Default Re: Heartbroken squirrel mom

    Quote Originally Posted by Fritzie'sMom View Post
    Negrito is a very beautiful little boy with such an expressive,loving face. I am so looking forward to the happiness we will have when they are back at home!
    I think our little boys went out to investigate all the interesting sounds and smells,and their adolescent hormones encouraged them to go on an adventure to pursue some of the interesting animals, sounds, and smells, outside their window , that they have been observing and wondering about.

    The messages we receive and have received, throughout our lives, from our society,from the tv news,commercials,tv shows, nature documentariesmovies, are&have been, overwhelmingly negative and have invoked and perpetuate into our conscious as well as deep into our
    subconscious, that we exist in a dangerous world. With that belief about the world in which we live; we are anticipating and accepting that our reality will continually provide us with evidence that will reinforce our belief about the nature of the world in which we live. Namely, that our world is a dangerous place. I believe that we are tormented with worry about our little babies, because of all the dangerous possibilities which we have watched on tv,read about,heard about,as well as past experiences we may have lived through.

    I think that we can help our babies and ourselves, by making a conscious effort to focus on on all the possible very good, happy, hilarious adventures and scenarios that our little boys can be experiencing in the course of their respective "hiatus'" or "hiatii" investigating, exploring, and inquiring; about what other cool things this world may have to offer.
    Facebook is absolutely fine with me. I want to mention that,my brother also lives in Canada,in Montreal. I communicate with him by Facebook messenger and also only occasionally had spoken over the phone using hangouts dialer app,without a problem,because my cell phone company, didn't include phone calls to Canada from the US. A few days ago,I realize that I haven't spoken to him by phone for almost two years and wanted to give him a quick call just to say hi. I called him over Facebook messenger,but there seemed to be a delay and the quality of sound was low. I didn't remember the hangouts app but I have recently switched my cell phone service to Simple mobile and remembered that I had made the switch,because not only is it $25/month(and they actually, are contracted with TMobile,so it's the exact same quality&service)compared with my previous TMobile service which was $34/month,but also includes unlimited phone calls to Canada, and so we had a nice talk. So,if we have any problem with FB messenger,we can always try hangouts dialer,and maybe u can find out, from your cell phone service,whether you can receive calls from the US for free,just not place any calls TO the US.
    My Facebook messenger is M_Christine
    Hi Mona,
    I like and agree, thinking about the hilarious adventures they are having, makes it less painful, but I worry none the less. He is so rambunctious and playful, I don't doubt he is having a ball. My only worry, is why I never saw him, not even once, since he left? After 3 days, will he even remember where he lived? Remember me?
    I looked for M_Christine on FB and couldn't find you.

  32. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    McDonough,Georgia
    Posts
    39
    Thanked: 29

    Default Re: Heartbroken squirrel mom

    Hi Lola,
    I am sorry that I didn't mention or acknowledge, nor did I offer my condolences for your little boy Max. I am so sorry to have not included him. Thank you for sharing part of yours and his story,I hope and look forward to hearing about the happy memories you have of your time together.
    I m sorry that I confused my profile accounts for Facebook with my YouTube profile name.
    My Facebook messenger profile name is
    Mona Christine
    Please don't lose hope for Negrito, we can put our energy towards following through on ideas and advice shared by the people who replied to your post and I will also share the ideas I received from a breeder and strengthen our resolve to do everything that's humanly possible, in order to help bring our boys home! Our little guys are depending on us to keep it together and only envision scenarios where they are happy, playing among their new friends, and having the time of their lives!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •