Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heartbroken squirrel mom

Default Re: Heartbroken squirrel mom

Quote Originally Posted by lola View Post
    Hi Mona,
    I like and agree, thinking about the hilarious adventures they are having, makes it less painful, but I worry none the less. He is so rambunctious and playful, I don't doubt he is having a ball. My only worry, is why I never saw him, not even once, since he left? After 3 days, will he even remember where he lived? Remember me?
    I looked for M_Christine on FB and couldn't find you.
    Lola,if you can't find me on messenger I can try to find you if you give me your fb messenger profile name.

I thought of an idea today and thought I would mention it. When I search for Fritzie I always call his name a lot,but I was thinking about it today,and I'm going to try to walk around,stopping to rest,often, and maybe just quietly talk softly once in a while,so that if he is observing from one of the many tree tops, he can hear my voice and that "nothing is "wrong". I thought about the fact that,as a squirrel,they have instincts that make them very aware and alert to possible predators.So,if he is in the vicinity,he most likely doesn't need me to repeatedly keep calling out his name in order to know I am here...he probably is already aware of that,and, what if, me repeatedly calling his name,makes him feel spooked, or hesitant to come home? I am not sure if it will make a difference,but just for tonight and in the morning,I am going to try this approach,of not calling his name out.Instead,I will occasionally stop to rest and talk softly to him the way I would normally,as I pet him on his head and cheeks until he falls asleep.until

Quote Originally Posted by Fritzie'sMom View Post
    Lola,if you can't find me on messenger I can try to find you if you give me your fb messenger profile name.

I thought of an idea today and thought I would mention it. When I search for Fritzie I always call his name a lot,but I was thinking about it today,and I'm going to try to walk around,stopping to rest,often, and maybe just quietly talk softly once in a while,so that if he is observing from one of the many tree tops, he can hear my voice and that "nothing is "wrong". I thought about the fact that,as a squirrel,they have instincts that make them very aware and alert to possible predators.So,if he is in the vicinity,he most likely doesn't need me to repeatedly keep calling out his name in order to know I am here...he probably is already aware of that,and, what if, me repeatedly calling his name,makes him feel spooked, or hesitant to come home? I am not sure if it will make a difference,but just for tonight and in the morning,I am going to try this approach,of not calling his name out.Instead,I will occasionally stop to rest and talk softly to him the way I would normally,as I pet him on his head and cheeks until he falls asleep.until
    Yes, that is exactly what I have been doing too. I didn't want him to hear fear or panic in my voice, so I call him gently.

I'm afraid I wont be able to recognize him soon if his bald patches grow in before I find him, as the fur grows in and then falls out again. He had a very balanced diet, and got plenty of sunshine, but has been like this since a baby.

Does anyone know about how long I have before the patches grow in, and he looks just like all the other black squirrels from afar, and harder to spot?

Hi Lola,
    Are there that many other black squirrels in your area? Because I have never seen one black squirrel here in Georgia or even,in my life. I'm originally from Montreal and I don't remember having seen a black squirrel in Canada. If you see a black squirrel I think you should absolutely assume it is Negrito,and write down location,time ,and then have some food ready to set up a feeding station for him. He knows who you are and he may likely come to you if you start a daily feeding with his favorite foods, at that same time and location.
    I have an idea that just came to me: binoculars and a telescope! To look in trees,at electric poles,rooftops,

Hi Mona,

That's the thing, in the last couple of years, there are many many black squirrels here. In my yard, there are a few that may be him based on age, but they are too far to see if its him. In sure by now his little orange thread necklace I placed on him for this exact reason, has fallen off. If they came close enough, I could see if its him, due to the fact he had missing fur, but by now after 1 week, the fur may have grown it enough that I wont soot him from far. I like the binoculars idea though!

Quote Originally Posted by lola View Post
    Hi Mona,

That's the thing, in the last couple of years, there are many many black squirrels here. In my yard, there are a few that may be him based on age, but they are too far to see if its him. In sure by now his little orange thread necklace I placed on him for this exact reason, has fallen off. If they came close enough, I could see if its him, due to the fact he had missing fur, but by now after 1 week, the fur may have grown it enough that I wont soot him from far. I like the binoculars idea though!
    He will definately remember you and where he lives. Did you see the reply where her squirrel returned one year later? I would like to know the circumstances that her squirrel returned,I will go track back to find her reply because I'm wondering how her squirrel returned home. Did it appear by a window,approach when the owner exited her home?
    I thought I had sent this reply earlier today but I must have been distracted before I submitted it.I had done a lot of research about 6 hours, about binoculars, articles on porro vs roof. Read hundreds of reviews on Amazon.I found one in each category,they are approx $20 each and optics perform same or better than some of the $75+ ones. The very high quality are $200+,but from what I have read the ones I fou
    nd should be perfect for watching squirrels in trees. I would be happy to send you those links.

I decided on the best value in each categoryorro prism and roof prism. Suddenly the roof prism is unavailable and an identical pair different brand,is $10 more.
    The first link,is for porro prism binoculars
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PG16X6F..._6t6aFbYANNCNN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12