Thread: NOT A SQUIRREL..BUT

Default NOT A SQUIRREL..BUT

Where do I post to get advise for treating an adult male racoon who now I believe was attacked by coyotes in my area?
    To all my babies past and present..
    Thank you for showing me how to love
    and be loved unconditionally....
    RIP Timothy

Default Re: NOT A SQUIRREL..BUT

Quote Originally Posted by TinyPaws View Post
    Where do I post to get advise for treating an adult male racoon who now I believe was attacked by coyotes in my area?

You can post it right here in this thread.

Yesterday I rescued an adult male racoon he was lying by the curb in the street across from my house at first I thought maybe he was hit by a car and then I thought maybe he was shot because we have crazy people where I live today though the wounds look more as if he was bit and Mikus then would be from one of the coyotes in our area I'll send a picture or to the right eye is probably gone and they cheek on the right side has an open wound that he's been trying to clean or Poe Act I did flush it with water and put antibiotic cream on it yesterday he ate very well and drank very well then he slept all night I wasn't sure he was going to make it today he wanted to try to eat but he then gave up interest in eating he drank a little water and he sleeps a lot now so I cannot find anyone in my location that will take or have room for a raccoon and so he's here in a cage out in my backyard shaded from the Sun
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    RIP Timothy

I would like to start him on antibiotics I do have 500 mg capsules of amoxicillin and I believe for mixing that strength would be to mix it with a 30 mL of water or 6 teaspoons and the dose I think for his way would be 5 to 10mg twice or three times a day. I wish I had a pain medication for him but I do not the only thing that I would have to help him is Lorazepam which I know can be used for racoons I do have Metacam the stronger dose in the purple bottle I believe I might be able to try that but I don't know how much of that I would dose
    RIP Timothy

Poor baby
    Sent you a pm, hope she can help.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stepnstone from:

TinyPaws (06-19-2020)