Thread: Best squirrel block recipes

Default Best squirrel block recipes

Hello, there are quite a few boo ball/block recipes on the site in various threads. So many variations, I'm not sure which direction to go. My neuro boy is rejecting HHB more and more and is picky anyway. I don't see any recipe listed as a "sticky" that is tried and true. Can a few of you please direct me to your sure fire recipe that is nutritional and typically a hit with a picky eater? Just tell me which thread to search. Thank you.

Default Re: Best squirrel block recipes

I gotta charge my phone for at least 20 min then I'll get my email history amd send u a block recipie.

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Ozzy2019 from:

tgramsey (06-20-2020)

Could I also have that "sure fire" recipe? I've tried HHB, HB for picky eaters, 3 brands of blocks, two or three recipes with blocks, minerals etc.

Right now, I have Henry's Healthy Protein Powder, Henry's Vitamin Powder, and Fox Valley 20/50 on hand. I'm going to try small batches of a few recipes because I have to throw it out each time and re-order ingredients. I need to get better nutrition in this guy (1 year old eastern gray).

Thank you!

I’m attaching a picture of a block recipe. The person that gave it to me says her guy loved them. Obviously substitute the 20/50 for Esbilac and the walnuts are ground fine. You could use another nut if your squirrel prefers it as well as another baby food.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

6. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

Buddy (01-22-2021), KCullen (10-27-2021), RockyPops (01-23-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    I’m attaching a picture of a block recipe. The person that gave it to me says her guy loved them. Obviously substitute the 20/50 for Esbilac and the walnuts are ground fine. You could use another nut if your squirrel prefers it as well as another baby food.
    I ought to try something like this. My little Beechey has been very stubborn lately in eating what's good for her ~=/. She snubbs broccoli, cauliflour, brussles, waits till she's starving to eat lettuces and kale, hides her rodent blocks but loves her wild foods. I'm pretty sure she's not getting the full recommended amount of calcium she needs for captive puff tails. I even make sure she only gets 1-2 nuts in an entire week. I do cave in and give her tangerines and blueberries though X/....

I introduced Lolly to Maziri around 5 weeks, just to get her used to texture. When she started eating them rather than just crumbing, I introduced her to Henry's, which she ended up preferring. At 8 weeks, I started introducing fresh food...

At which point she stopped taking the blocks

I was looking for a recipe I could make with formula so I don't have to buy a bazillion vitamins to add so thank-you!

My question: if I can't find coconut flour is it all right to use wheat flour? I don't like to buy perishables online because sometimes the less-common ones come with a short expiration date or already expired.

PS I cannot use rice flour or corn because of allergies

Yes you can use wheat flour, but most stores sell coconut flour. Henrys Pets sells packages of multi vitamin powder to add to block recipes.

Try offering the block first thing in the morning when she’s hungriest and hold off till later in the morning/day to offer the veggies.