Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Beautiful Baby Bo, a Costa Rican Princess

Default Re: Beautiful Baby Bo, a Costa Rican Princess

Thank you so much for your loving and informative replies!

And yes, you're 100% right...this is such a rewarding experience. I never in a million years would've imagined we were gonna be releasing that tiny creature we've found more than 3 months ago...It's crazy! Comforting...but a bit scary as well!: grin2

Now I feel more afraid of other squirrels rather than predators. Should I expect them to make their peace with Bo and let her hang around peacefully with them?? Or are they trying to bully and kick her out of the territory?

My baby gets really anxious/scared when the other squirrels show up and start acting like they own the tree. And the worst part is, I've never seen them hanging around these area/trees THAT much before...

SO wait, you're saying that Bo can get pregnant in the next 2 months or so? Oh gosh...This is a lot to handle!

My baby Bo...I love squirrels, all of them, so much...
    But my baby...she's so bright, soft, golden, chubby, and precious...She's perfection Just look at her eating her treats! Hahah... Cutest thing ever!

Thank you guys as always,

Much squirrel love to all of you!

Name:  118645740_308759603721814_8239913676968801320_n.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  194.5 KB

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to agustinanavarro from:

SammysMom (10-27-2020)

Just wanted to say hi, and send our love to all those baby squirrels (and not so baby) being nursed and taken care of by amazing blessed human beings like most people in this loving forum.

Bo is doing amazing thanks to you all! She's visiting every morning and having breakfast with us. In the afternoon we see her being happy and free up the trees...and in the evening, she goes to sleep to her newly built nest.

Happy week everybody! Hope to bring a smile to your faces with Bo's sexy attitud

Name:  119055460_834102780665103_8378128543137802880_n.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  144.6 KB

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to agustinanavarro from:

Buddy (10-25-2020)

She is just wonderful!

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to CritterMom from:

agustinanavarro (09-08-2020)

I just saw this thread and I've read it from the start with a huge SMILE 😁
    I knew Stosh would be helping you out too
    Baby Bo is absolutely a living doll😍 I so love Costa Rican squirrels

What an amazing job you've done with your girl, she was very fortunate to have been placed with you and I know you feel blessed as well

The pic of her kissing you almost made me cry, good tears however😘

Bo have a wonderful life in the trees darling🌴

LOOKING forward to Bo's adventures 😀
    Charley Chuckles gone from my arms FOREVER in my heart 8/14/04-3/7/13
    Simon, our time was too short together, but you gave us so much love, be with CC now 3/7/14

The "CHARLEY CHUCKLES MEMORIAL RAIL TOUR" leaves the station choo chooo
    *Deland,FL. *Washington DC *Boston (Back Bay) *Boston (North Station) *Wells,Maine *Albany,NY *New York (Penn Station) *Back to Deland FL. "July 1- July 22" 2013

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RIAL-RAIL-TOUR Check it out here
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...OW-A-NEW-MOMMY!!!!!
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RAINBOW-BRIDGE
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...e-called-Simon
    charleychuckles1@gmail.com

I'm not poof reading any of this

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Charley Chuckles from:

agustinanavarro (09-08-2020)

Haven't been around much lately. So nice to see that Bo is doing so well, and what lovely pics!

Also looking forward to Bo's adventures.
    "I hope everyone got or gets their Baby Love today"~Shewhosweptforest

https://www.henryspets.com/1-baby-squirrel-care-guide/

Hi everybody!

It's been already 1 month since Bo's release. It's been so perfect!

She's still around...always been. She already built more than 4 nests in our tree (not ours anymore...I guess now it's hers). She comes every day in the morning to get her breakfast snacks, and before going to sleep to get the afternoon treats. In between those moments, we barely know what she's doing...she justs disappears into the woods.

Sometimes a few squirrels come visit...I don't think Bo is too good at socializing, they all start doing the crazy noises, but at least she doesn't look intimidated anymore, she've learnt a lot about being a wild squirrel! I'm impressed about how quick she runs around the trees...she's definitely come a long way...She's way more wiser now...

She's such a happy animal. Brings so much joy to my life to be able to see her everyday, and watch her just being free and playful.

Happy weekend everybody!
    Much love from CR

Name:  120073697_771503016979538_3877354253191051923_n.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  190.7 KB

Name:  120160161_679093399479902_1003123581214655429_n.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  132.8 KB

11. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to agustinanavarro:

Buddy (10-25-2020), Chirps (09-27-2020), Scooterzmom (09-27-2020)

Such a beautiful and wonderful success story! Congratulations!!! And many many years of joy to you and your little fur girl!
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

13. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Scooterzmom from:

agustinanavarro (09-29-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Scooterzmom View Post
    Such a beautiful and wonderful success story! Congratulations!!! And many many years of joy to you and your little fur girl!
    AMEN!!!

15. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Chirps from:

Aw, she is adorable! I have seen those crazy fruit on Stosh's thread. It looks like you would cut it open and a space alien would emerge and eat your face!

17. Serious fuzzy thank you's to CritterMom from:

Thanks to everybody for such nice and loving words for my Bo...

Unfortunately today I don’t have as happy news as I did a few days ago, but I’m hoping you’ll confort me with your experience, wisdom, and knowledge...

It’s been 2 days without Bo coming home. She already missed 3 of her meals... There’s no sign of her anywhere ��

We’ve been walking around, calling her name, leaving food out there for her... but she has dissapeared.

For some moments we see a squirrel far far away up in the trees, but it’s not really showing so we don’t know if it’s Bo or some friend of her.

I know it’s normal for them to go out and explore for many days, but it’s so weird to me... she never misses a meal, she has this crazy squirrel routine and she has really stuck to it in the past month.

Should I think something might happened out there in nature? O should I keep my hopes high and expect her to show up in the next few days?

Thank you ��

Come home babe ... momma’s waiting for you ����

Hi everybody...

So, it's been 16 days since my baby Bo gone missing. She went to sleep on a Sunday evening, I saw her getting into her nest after coming for her dinner...and she was never back from the next Monday on...

No signs of her anywhere...

The past 2 weeks were extremely sad and hard. We miss her so so so bad... We've been crying our hearts out and waiting for her every single day. Walking around, calling her name, leaving her snacks out...

Suddenly, today, same time she used to come for breakfast, SHE WAS BACK. After 16 days...she was back! BUT, she didn't come close to us. She didn't jump on me, or played with me. She didn't even come for her snacks. She just stood at the tree, looking at us. When we saw here in there, we started screaming/crying and calling her...but it was so weird, she just ignored us, and eventually she left...quickly into the woods, again. We run behind her, trying to see where she was heading at...and eventually we lost her into the jungle...

I feel SO happy and relieved that I could see her once again and that she's fine...but I also have this sort of bittersweet kind of feeling. I know FOR SURE it was Bo...but, why wouldn't she come play with me? Why wouldn't she jump into my head? Why wouldn't she ask for snacks after 16 days all by herself?

She definitely was Bo, but a new Bo, like a totally wild Bo...

I'm just wondering if this is something normal, something that just happens...or what?

I'll be waiting for your comments,

Thank as always!

The behavior you just described is completely normal. When their wild instincts kick in most will lose that desire for human interaction. They remember and come back but they won’t let you interact or touch them. Many will keep their distance. I have only had one that would allow me to touch them after release. I have tried to sneak of pet from a couple that were close but I usually got a bite in return. I even had one that would climb on me and sit on my shoulder but I knew if I tried to touch her she would bite me every time. She let me know right away that she had not given permission to touch her.

They will still accept treats but usually want you to toss them and won’t take them from your hands. It has been common in my yard for my releases and the wilds to come for morning treats. I have quite a crowd and I know among the group are those I nurtured. They will always be my babies but the relationship definitely changes. Bo is doing exactly what she should do. She remembers you but her wild instincts keep her safe.

21. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

agustinanavarro (10-25-2020), Buddy (10-25-2020), Chirps (10-18-2020)

HOLA---First let me say--it sounds like you did the PERFECT release, Congrats. Those 2 weeks+ that Bo was AWOL...are every squirrel rehabber's nightmare. So glad she showed up to let you know -----"I'm OK, Mom...but I'm a big girl now". I released my Mancha Girl and she disappeared a few hours later --never to be seen again. I know the heart breaking feeling of loss. I do hope Bo makes random visits . But she might find an area just out of your sight to start her family.
    You did GREAT---and your photos are gorgeous. BE Well BE Safe.......--------------Stosh

23. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to stosh2010:

agustinanavarro (10-25-2020), Buddy (10-25-2020), Chirps (10-18-2020), Mel1959 (10-18-2020)

I made you a memento--
    a Beautiful Bo COIN--
    She deserves to be on a 500 colone coin, don't ya think ??

( F.Y.I. Costa Rican Currency )

__________________________________________________ ________________________
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    Name:  BO CR Princess Oct 2020.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  144.6 KBName:  BO PhotoFunia-.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  55.0 KBName:  BO text PhotoFunia-.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  116.9 KB

25. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stosh2010 from:

agustinanavarro (10-25-2020)

I did read your post from 9-29 and wanted to offer words of encouragement, but couldn't bring myself to do it. It felt false to say it while still wondering where my own baby got to. I am so happy for you that she showed up to let you know she's okay. Stosh said it so perfectly, can't add anything except I hope she lets you see her from time to time. I hope she decides to renew the relationship in time and maybe even brings her future babies to meet you and get snacks.

27. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Chirps from:

agustinanavarro (10-25-2020)

Hi everyone!

Thanks to all of you for your kind, encouraging words. Thank you dear Stosh for the amazing memento...Brought tears to my eyes and
    crazy laughter at the same time.

This is the place where we can all share happy experiences and also, we can share the grief of our babies just moving on with their lives. I can't cry about my squirrel at work, with my friends...they just don't understand... I know you all do, you all know this feeling.

It's been great seeing Bo for once after her disappearance, but at the same time, it felt weird...It broke my heart that she didn't come to me, and it still breaks my heart that she left us But, I understand that's just how the rules are...and I'm learning to accept that our job was fully done and that now she's free... And I'm learning to cherish every magic moment we spent together...What a beautiful unexpected experience it has been...

Bo didn't show up again lately, but here we are, always waiting for her...Always buying apples at the market just for her...in case she decides to come visit momma

THANKS once again for you support, kindness, love, and for sharing your experiences and feeling with me.

I will keep you always updated... This forum makes me feel closer to my Bo, and to all those lovely fuzzy squirrels out there .

Much love

29. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to agustinanavarro:

Chirps (11-13-2020), Mel1959 (10-26-2020)

I raised two squirrels this past summer/fall by "accident." The neighbor had a tree cut down and the tree guys brought them down. They were going to do nothing with the babies! I took them, intending to take them to the local wildlife rehaber the next day but they were closed due to Covid. By the time they re-opened, I was too far in. The little boy released himself the day after I transitioned them to the pre-release cage. OUCH! I released the little girl three days ago. Oh, no one tells you how this feels! It's hard because we are used to domestic animals who bond with humans; wild animals don't bond the same. I hope you beautiful Bo visits you again soon! It is so stinkin' hard!! I never would have imagined! Hugs!

31. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Barby from:

agustinanavarro (05-26-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by agustinanavarro View Post
    Hi everyone!

Thanks to all of you for your kind, encouraging words. Thank you dear Stosh for the amazing memento...Brought tears to my eyes and
    crazy laughter at the same time.

Much love
    It was my pleasure for a Fellow Costa Rican Fuzz-Head handler....ha. Hope you get to share some "new" Bo photos when she makes her next appearance.

33. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stosh2010 from:

My Irma who I released disappears on me, usually when she has babies.
    Never give up she's out there, most likely hearing your voice seeing you never to think to give mom a heads up
    You did an awesome job being a squirrel mommy 😘
    Charley Chuckles gone from my arms FOREVER in my heart 8/14/04-3/7/13
    Simon, our time was too short together, but you gave us so much love, be with CC now 3/7/14

The "CHARLEY CHUCKLES MEMORIAL RAIL TOUR" leaves the station choo chooo
    *Deland,FL. *Washington DC *Boston (Back Bay) *Boston (North Station) *Wells,Maine *Albany,NY *New York (Penn Station) *Back to Deland FL. "July 1- July 22" 2013

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RIAL-RAIL-TOUR Check it out here
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...OW-A-NEW-MOMMY!!!!!
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RAINBOW-BRIDGE
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...e-called-Simon
    charleychuckles1@gmail.com

I'm not poof reading any of this

35. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Charley Chuckles from:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234