Thread: Dragging butt/genitals???

Default Dragging butt/genitals???

Name:  9F6BDEB0-ECC6-4849-B20A-5B596EDE243B.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  401.5 KBSorry I just have so many questions! 🙈 so I’ve noticed that Sherby (my squirrel) will look as shes dragging her genitals along the ground usually during/after going to the bathroom. I was going to attach the video so you could see for yourself but it won’t let me.... so I’ll attach screen shot of video.

Also, any updates on how old you guys think she is??

Name:  13BF8DF0-BE99-4100-A560-4EC5B0C571C6.jpg
Views: 1053
Size:  69.8 KB

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Sherby from:

RockyPops (06-07-2020)

Default Re: Dragging butt/genitals???

5-6 weeks old is my guess.

I have noticed that squirrels start dragging their butts along the floor, branches, indoor couches as a way of marking territory. It might also help move bowel movements out, as I often notice that too. I noticed my little one started to drag his butt at 7 weeks. If all things are ok, this is normal.

At the age of 5-6 weeks, she will most likely still need to be stimulated to pee/poo.

4. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Lighten-Up:

RockyPops (06-07-2020), Sherby (06-16-2020)

Definately at that age still needs stimulatelted . I also put soft blankets on the levels of their cages even though I know in the wild I have seen them rub on trees. I believe in homes they should be super spoiled. What is its diet and how does the poo look.

6. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Ozzy2019:

RockyPops (06-07-2020), Sherby (06-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Lighten-Up View Post
    5-6 weeks old is my guess.

I have noticed that squirrels start dragging their butts along the floor, branches, indoor couches as a way of marking territory. It might also help move bowel movements out, as I often notice that too. I noticed my little one started to drag his butt at 7 weeks. If all things are ok, this is normal.

At the age of 5-6 weeks, she will most likely still need to be stimulated to pee/poo.

Thank you for your response!!
    Wait you think she’s about 5/6 weeks old...?! I was told she looked about that when I found her 4 weeks ago! 🙈 I haven’t been stimulating her to go since she seemed to be okay with going on her own! And all else seems to be normal so I guess she’s just marking her territory! Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy2019 View Post
    Definately at that age still needs stimulatelted . I also put soft blankets on the levels of their cages even though I know in the wild I have seen them rub on trees. I believe in homes they should be super spoiled. What is its diet and how does the poo look.
    She seems to be able to be doing just fine with going to the bathroom on her own I just thought it was weird she started doing that weird drag thing. Oh don’t worry I’m all for spoiling! Sherby is quite spoiled with lots of love and snuggles with blankets and sticks in the cage which she’s only in at night when she’s not in my bed! Hahah!

Her poop looks normal... dark brownish pellets. Not too hard. Not too soft.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy2019 View Post
    She seems to be able to be doing just fine with going to the bathroom on her own I just thought it was weird she started doing that weird drag thing. Oh don’t worry I’m all for spoiling! Sherby is quite spoiled with lots of love and snuggles with blankets and sticks in the cage which she’s only in at night when she’s not in my bed! Hahah!