Thread: Skin Issues

Default Skin Issues

hello rescued a little 5-6 week old red fox squirrel about 5 days ago, got him rehydrated, flea free n on the road to healthy. noticed a little issue with his inner legs today that the skin seemed rough. I wiped him after pottying and really looked and it seems to be tiny little bumps maybe and some hair loss. would anyone on this pg be able to tell me anything? was concerned it may be mange or mites but inner legs is the only area affected, no other hair loss or bumps anywhere else... wondered if it was possible he was biting or nibbling at himself... been trying to break him of his sucking his teetle weedle problem and wondered if that could be contributing since he keeps making that area moist...i ordered some bitter bite and decreased amount of time between feedings to help as well...any help or suggestions is appreciated, just wanna make sure our little guy is healthy as can be. Can provide pics if needed.

Default Re: Skin Issues

Yes. pics please. Don't use the bitter stuff. It is very strong, won't stop him from suckling and my one and only attempt with it caused it to burn all the hair from the area it was applied.

I'm new to this ...i tried to upload photos idk what I'm doing I guess. It is showing a question mark instead of a photo so idk...but any other suggestions for him sucking then? When he does it I immediately offer him a bottle n he snubs it..he only does it when he's falling asleep...do u think this may be a comfort thing like a pacifier? And any other way to send u pics? Maybe thru a # or email? I kno we can do personal information but I just wanna kno if he needs something 😔

You won't see the actual pic, just the big question mark, until you post or preview the post.

See if this link does not help explain the pic upload:

https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...e-upgraded-TSB

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Spanky from:

RockyPops (05-29-2020)

Squirrelagirl Guest

I personally have never encountered any thing like that with a squirrel but last year I saved 3 baby kittens in really bad shape. They were four weeks old and only half the size of the healthy kittens that I already had of the same age. Because the mother had not been properly stimulating and cleaning them, when they were able to go their waste had sat on them and made their skin extremely chaffed and irritated and they had lost their fur throughout the affected area. It took a week of proper care just for me to get the smell off of them despite numerous baths and meticulous care and another 2 for their skin to heal.. this may b what’s wrong with your baby... how old? Is he illuminating on his own? Eyes open? And can u post a picture?

7. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Squirrelagirl from:

RockyPops (05-29-2020)