Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some expert advice! Red Squirrel with possible teeth issues and making sounds

Default Re: Need some expert advice! Red Squirrel with possible teeth issues and making sound

Quote Originally Posted by gunpackingrandma View Post
    Thank you for the information. We might catch a break with locating a Veterinarian for a xray. I also rescue raccoons and placed some for release last year on a Indian Reservation. Apparently the laws are different regarding treatment of wild animals. My contact is going to verify if they are able to assist in taking xrays on such a small animal. Praying they can so we know what's going on.
    That would be awesome. Make sure they take different angles of the head (top of head and side of head) so that the teeth can be viewed from multiple angles.

Default Re: Need some expert advice! Red Squirrel with possible teeth issues and making sound

Duckman is a great guy. He did find a vet for a previous TSB member close to the Idaho state line on the Washington side. He has many contacts and is always willing to help. We just love him.

3. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

Diggie's Friend (05-25-2020), island rehabber (05-25-2020), Mel1959 (05-24-2020), SammysMom (05-25-2020)

Found a Veterinarian in Montana willing to take the xrays and offer his opinion on Wednesday. He is not experienced with Squirrels but treats all wilds on the reservation.

Since I will be seeing a Veterinarian, what kind of medication should I be asking for to have on hand? May only get one chance to get prescriptions so trying to cover everything like antibiotics and pain medication.

For antibiotic, Clavamox and Clindamycin would be good to have on hand.

Metacam for inflammation and Tramadol for pain. I’m not sure the vet would prescribe these for ‘possible’ future need but if so, they would be great to have.

At a very minimum, Clavamox and Metacam.

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to HRT4SQRLS from:

gunpackingrandma (05-25-2020)

I think some tobramycin eye drops. I know Dr. E uses this by administering in the nose. I know she also uses amikacin a lot, but I’m not sure how it’s given. Maybe HRT will know.

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

gunpackingrandma (05-25-2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12