Thread: Squirrel smoothie ideas

Default Squirrel smoothie ideas

A TSB member posted a wonderful recipe for her boo balls and it got me thinking about other kinds of nutritious food for my almost 12week girl. She’s given me the talk to the hand on her formula now. Literally she swats it and says “pffft” so I think she’s all done. She’s had none in five days so I’ve been giving her yogurt for a few days. Switched to organic stonyfield plain and I’ve been mincing kale and arugula into it. I give her about 1-1.5 tsp per day. Her poo is slightly softer and a shade lighter but still nice firm balls and medium to dark brown. Sorry for the gross details but wanted to say that in case it’s a problem. I figure someone will let me know.
    On busy work days I thought about this option and wondering how it sounds.
    I was going to mix in my ninja blender the plain yogurt,greens like kale, spinach, arugula etc then add some ground harklan 2018 rodent food, butternut squash or broccoli, a banana chunk or a few strawberries and a tiny spoon of organic peanut butter...blend it all up then spoon onto a cookie tray, freeze and keep in a baggie for each morning.
    She would get one of these and a Henry block for her morning meal and she usually climbs on her “momma tree” for about 15-20 minutes to get out of her cage time first thing, then before I leave a bowl of fresh chopped greens and other veggies to munch on during the day. Also a few of the harklan “biscuits” in her bowl When I get home we can have playtime then her second Henry block. Before bed I like to give her a treat of a banana slice, apple chunks or avocado chunk and a half pecan or walnut shelled. Does this sound like a healthy food plan for little miss. I’ll be heading back to work soon and not here all day so I want to be sure she has good stuff in her habitat.
    I’ve also been adding in to her chopped greens dandelion greens and flowers, impatient petals I grow, plantain leaves, maple leaves etc from my yard. I put in a fresh small branch of maple, apple or raintree for her to chew on every few days too.
    Probably going overboard but now I know how moms with babies feel when they go back to work.

2. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Newbiewnc:

Chirps (05-13-2020), RockyPops (05-14-2020)

Default Re: Squirrel smoothie ideas

Mixing all those ingredients in a ninja and giving it to her sounds like a wonderful plan....I’m just not sure she’ll eat it. If she does then great! Go easy on the spinach though, it contains oxalates that block the absorption of calcium.

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

RockyPops (05-14-2020)

Thank you for the info on spinach. I guess that’s counterproductive. This morning I made just yogurt and a tiny dab of almond butter and she gobbled it up then went to her HHB.
    I’ve been following some advice for feeding picky eaters that I found on the Henry’s page and surprisingly she’s started eating her greens. Initially I was putting all her fresh foods in at the same time...well duh she’s just like her mommy and goes straight for the sweet fruit and veggies. I’ve started doing her yogurt and a Henry block first thing then about 1-2 hours later putting in just a mix of greens (usually kale arugula spinach watercress etc). I also put in her rodent blocks at that time. She does a good job on her greens now and then in the evening she gets wild greens/leaves from our yard chunks of other vegetables a little fruit and her second HHB and at bedtime we give her one nut...well actually right now just a half one because it’s shelled. I’ve got the shell on nuts coming. She’s doing good I feel and her fur is nice and shiny. Even the fur on her lil jellybean tail nub is starting to grow some. I now have a cage on wheels so I’m putting her outside on the deck for a little fresh air and sunlight which seems to make her happy too. This is just amazing to watch her grow. It’s so special to us.

It sounds like you’re doing a great job! .

When you place her outside make sure she has somewhere to get out of the sun if she wants.