Thread: Nugget: Henry's Healthy Blocks

Post Nugget: Henry's Healthy Blocks

My Nugget seems to want more than the 2-3 recommended blocks advised on the label. Is it okay to give him more? He is not overweight, in fact he is pretty lean, so I was excited when he decided he liked them.

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to salex11 from:

RockyPops (04-30-2020)

Default Re: Nugget: Henry's Healthy Blocks

Quote Originally Posted by salex11 View Post
    My Nugget seems to want more than the 2-3 recommended blocks advised on the label. Is it okay to give him more? He is not overweight, in fact he is pretty lean, so I was excited when he decided he liked them.
    Are you talking about the Henry’s Healthy blocks? The answer is no. The Henry’s blocks are a supplement block and are packed with vitamins and minerals. Too many of those will result in over supplementation.

You can purchase a commercial rodent block like Envigo Teklad 2018 online. He can have as many of those as he wants. Of course, these would be in addition to the Henry’s.

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to HRT4SQRLS from:

RockyPops (04-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by HRT4SQRLS View Post
    Are you talking about the Henry’s Healthy blocks? The answer is no. The Henry’s blocks are a supplement block and are packed with vitamins and minerals. Too many of those will result in over supplementation.

You can purchase a commercial rodent block like Envigo Teklad 2018 online. He can have as many of those as he wants. Of course, these would be in addition to the Henry’s.
    Look on Ebay for these. They are only sold commercially in 50 pound bags but lots of people repackage them into small bags to resell there. That is where I get mine.

I have the other blocks but he wont eat them at all. What do you mean by over supplementation? What would that cause?

7. Serious fuzzy thank you's to salex11 from:

RockyPops (04-30-2020)

So the max # of blocks he should get is 3 of Henry's Healthy Blocks, correct?

9. Serious fuzzy thank you's to salex11 from:

RockyPops (04-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by salex11 View Post
    So the max # of blocks he should get is 3 of Henry's Healthy Blocks, correct?
    Yes, the absolute max. Realistically as a para in FL he is probably smallish so 2 would be better.

By over supplementation I mean overdosing on vitamins and minerals. It’s never good to overdose anything. Some vitamins are fat soluble and store in the body. Excess calcium can deposit in the organs so basically you never want to over supplement. I know there are people that take hands full of vitamins but it’s not a good idea.

You can grind the other rodent block and add tasty things. There are recipes on the board. They are called Boo Balls.

11. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

island rehabber (04-30-2020), RockyPops (04-30-2020)

Including in his diet foods like organic baked Butternut or acorn squash and organic boiled peas will help to make him feel full.

13. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Diggie's Friend:

island rehabber (04-30-2020), RockyPops (04-30-2020)

Thank you all sooo much!!

15. Serious fuzzy thank you's to salex11 from:

RockyPops (04-30-2020)