Thread: Really need help. My squirell pulled 3/4 inch of skinn of tip of tail bloody bone ex

Default Really need help. My squirell pulled 3/4 inch of skinn of tip of tail bloody bone ex

When she was a baby she had a tail injury similar before i knew of this page it got infected and the bone tip turned black fell off and was sensitive for 6 months. She just reinjured the same area and .5 to .75 inches of skin pulled right off the tip of here tail. She is screaming moaw moaw moaw and its heart breaking. I imediatly used some bactine and she stoped screaming because it has novacain in it. I have on hand iodine epson salt left over from her claw injury last summer. And i have some human antibiotic if needed please some one help.

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Josh and ninja from:

RockyPops (04-23-2020)

Default Re: Really need help. My squirell pulled 3/4 inch of skinn of tip of tail bloody bon

Quote Originally Posted by Josh and ninja View Post
    When she was a baby she had a tail injury similar before i knew of this page it got infected and the bone tip turned black fell off and was sensitive for 6 months. She just reinjured the same area and .5 to .75 inches of skin pulled right off the tip of here tail. She is screaming moaw moaw moaw and its heart breaking. I imediatly used some bactine and she stoped screaming because it has novacain in it. I have on hand iodine epson salt left over from her claw injury last summer. And i have some human antibiotic if needed please some one help.
    You can give her some infant ibuprofen for pain, we would need to know her weight to dose.
    Other then keeping it clean, watch for infection there is not much else to do. The exposed
    section will do the same as it did the first time.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stepnstone from:

RockyPops (04-23-2020)

Default Re: Really need help. My squirell pulled 3/4 inch of skinn of tip of tail bloody bon

Thank you. I thought i posted in non life threatening. I screwed up sorry about that. I was never able to get a weight on her but i can post a pick. She fits in my cupped hands.

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Josh and ninja from:

RockyPops (04-23-2020)

Name:  20191229_001039.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  39.8 KB

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Josh and ninja from:

RockyPops (04-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Josh and ninja View Post
    Thank you. I thought i posted in non life threatening. I screwed up sorry about that. I was never able to get a weight on her but i can post a pick. She fits in my cupped hands.
    I will send you a private message with a guesstimate on weight for dosing the Ibuprofen, we do not dose on the open board.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

10. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to stepnstone:

Chirps (04-23-2020), Mel1959 (04-24-2020), Nancy in New York (04-23-2020), RockyPops (04-23-2020)

Thank you she seems so much better today. This page is a godsend. Everyone on here i praise what you do. Thanks

12. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Josh and ninja from:

stepnstone (04-23-2020)

Concerned. The tip of the tail the bone or cartilage that is exposed has not fallen off yet. Where the meat begins again is kindof bulbish and very tender. Does not look red or puss mildly swollen but extremely sensative still. Im putting iodine drop on it every few days just to keep infection away.
    Every footprint in this world matters.

Can you post a picture? What antibiotics can you locate, if necessary?

I have to use vanessa phone mine is broken i will in a few hours when ninja wakes me up. She normally leaves her night nest on the top of the berow in our bedroom between 630 to 8 and comes to wake me up. She gets on me and gives me kisses i love how not even an injury deters her. She is still in great spirits but its tender. I have amox on hand for her if we need it also iodine and epson salt. After she comes down from her night nest sometimes she will get under our covers and get another hour of sleep with us. If thats the case ill have the pic closer to 9 am. We had a late night she just left me at 2am to go to her bed. Usually she leaves me around midnight enless god for bid chicopee Vanessa and me are eating icecream. If so she will wake up out of a sound sleep and get in bed with us and eat icecream lol. She is such a beautiful creature. Makes me so happy. I love having a free range squirel you never know when a squirrel will get shot out of a cannon at you lol.

Name:  Attach01_32.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  56.3 KBName:  Attach01_32.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  56.3 KB

Name:  Attach01_34.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  70.5 KB

Turn for wose its now been a month or 2 since this hppened i cant remember exact day after i type this ill look back ive been monitering waiting for tail peice that looks like bone or cartiledge to fall off. Area remained tender but she was happy and playful normal. Over the last couple days area became more tender and lookes kicked a bit like it wants to fall off but i tried to look at it and mde her freak out and brry her head in my chest making the muaooooooowww. Muaooooooow. Over and over. I dont know if its time for antibiotic than if its like this now. Please let me know. I gave some ib profen again tonight first time in a while. Name:  Attach01_37.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  53.2 KBName:  Attach01_37.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  53.2 KB

19. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Josh and ninja from:

RockyPops (05-20-2020)