Thread: REHABBERS NEAR BUCKS COUNTY PA

Exclamation REHABBERS NEAR BUCKS COUNTY PA

PLEASE HELP!!! Looking for wildlife rehab center near Bucks County, PA!! Rescued 5 babies (approx 6-8weeks young) and am having trouble finding a rehab for them - Also looking for Sanctuary - 2 are showing possible implications that they may not be capable of release and there’s no way in HEL* I can risk taking them anywhere that won’t keep them forever!
    All seem to be in good health at this point - but it’s been about a week and I want nothing more than for them to get back into the wild ASAP!!!
    Any and all info would be greatly appreciated and THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

Default Re: REHABBERS NEAR BUCKS COUNTY PA

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunch5 View Post
    PLEASE HELP!!! Looking for wildlife rehab center near Bucks County, PA!! Rescued 5 babies (approx 6-8weeks young) and am having trouble finding a rehab for them - Also looking for Sanctuary - 2 are showing possible implications that they may not be capable of release and there’s no way in HEL* I can risk taking them anywhere that won’t keep them forever!
    All seem to be in good health at this point - but it’s been about a week and I want nothing more than for them to get back into the wild ASAP!!!
    Any and all info would be greatly appreciated and THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

Only rehab I've personally heard of in Bucks co is: AARK Wildlife Rehab. & Education Center, Inc.
    1531 Upper Stump Road Chalfont, PA 18914-1715 - #215-249-1938
    Run by: Mary Jane Stretch & Leah A. Stallings

I personally know nothing of them or their practice!

As far as non-releasables go there isn't many facility's that won't euthanize even though they
    usually won't admit it although some will be up front about it.
    I would suggest calling first and inquiring without giving your personal information.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to stepnstone:

NuttyBunch5 (04-15-2020), TubeDriver (04-15-2020)

Few rehab centers close by that I bring injured, ill and orphaned squirrels to (please call first to see hours etc etc). Philly metro is excellent, actually all three are excellent.

http://www.schuylkillcenter.org/departments/wildlife/

https://www.phillywildlife.org/

https://www.aark.org/

As far as non-releasables go I would have to agree with what stepnstone said -

'As far as non-releasables go there isn't many facility's that won't euthanize even though they
    I would suggest calling first and inquiring without giving your personal information.'

5. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to MyBushyTail:

NuttyBunch5 (04-15-2020), TubeDriver (04-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by stepnstone View Post

Only rehab I've personally heard of in Bucks co is: AARK Wildlife Rehab. & Education Center, Inc.
    1531 Upper Stump Road Chalfont, PA 18914-1715 - #215-249-1938
    Run by: Mary Jane Stretch & Leah A. Stallings

I personally know nothing of them or their practice!

As far as non-releasables go there isn't many facility's that won't euthanize even though they
    I would suggest calling first and inquiring without giving your personal information.

Thank you so much for the reply!! I'm waiting for a call back from AARK - I'd left them a message inquiring info for "a friend" - so I'm on the same page as you being I also have no personal experience with their center. Thank you again for taking the time to reply!! Just trying to gather as much knowledge and info as possible before I take them anywhere!!

Why do you think they are non-releasable?