Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a nonrelease

Default Re: Looking 4 nonrelease

So sorry mary r....the worst is when we don't know why. My NR of five years (Owena Owie-Head, in All Squirrels Go to Heaven), died after just a three-day lack of appetite. She was perfect for five years before that, except that she had suffered from seizures her whole life. BUT a seizure didn't kill her -- her liver failed! She ate a perfect diet, was never sick a day in her life. The vet who necropsied her body told me she was perfect.....except for her liver. What the heck? It will haunt me forever. So I get it.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

2. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to island rehabber:

RockyPops (04-22-2020), sundoesshine (11-20-2021)

Default Still looking 4 NR

Hi my name is Mary. I am still looking for a nonrelease. I am comfortable with neuro, seizure issues, missing limbs , amd I can get my vet cornerstone vet practice to teach me how 2 trim teeth if they have malocussions. Cornerstone vet is located in columbia sc. 30 to 40 min away depending on traffic.

I am a stay at home retired medic. I am attaching pictures of the cage. This is just the inside one. We have the cage that rolls from henerys healthy pets for the outside as squirrels need at least 1 hour of sun a day for their bodies to unlock the calcium they eat amd to make the calcium usable by their body. There are no kids here.

The only time my previous squirrel was n a cage is when I was cleaning, ppl at the house for the squirrels amd theor protection, service guy like air condition guys.

My squirrels may have been spoiled cause they only like the cold, filtered water out the fridge. Theu tolerates the well water but I dont even drink that. I drink Fuji water or deer park. Yes I am spoiled too I reckon but water does have a different taste when it comes to city verses well or different water brands.

As I was saying only in the cage when I cant watch him or her with undivided attention. I pick them up or let them ride on my shoulders when I put clothes up or go to the bathroom.

I think this is why ozzy's death put me in a quick spiraled depression cause he literally was a part of me.

When u see the cage it's just nest box and ramps with a hickory tree stump in the bottom. He liked planking amd sitting to watch the birds outside.

As far as sleeping in there it was up to him. Doors on the cage top amd bottom remained open so he could take his nap n the nest box or fleece cubes. He usually put him self 2 bed there or he would walk to the bed room,mine, amd put himself to sleep in the old dresser I fixed up 4 him with his favorite fleece in all 6 drawers.

As I was saying all his fleece cubes, boa, toys and special things his squirrel god mom amd i bought r all packed up. So the pics is of the cage itself.

Sincerely mary r.Name:  20200610_072556.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  126.8 KBName:  20200610_072611.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  110.7 KB

Pics r sideways sorry I dont know how to flip them

4. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Ozzy2019:

Chirps (06-18-2020), Mel1959 (06-10-2020), RockyPops (06-10-2020)

Default Re: Still looking 4 NR

Nothing yet to update. So I am.volunteering at a rehab center. One will come along I hope.

Sincerely,
    Mary R.

6. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Ozzy2019:

Chirps (06-18-2020), lukaslolamaus (06-17-2020), Scooterzmom (06-17-2020), TubeDriver (06-17-2020)

I hope some little fuzzer in need of a forever home comes along for you. I know too well what it's like to be left with a void inside following the death of that "special one".
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

Someone in Michigan posted one on here this morning.

I'll try to find it.

Sincerely Mary r.

Where do ppl usually post for squirrels that need homes? I am waiting on the one in georgia.cant find the Michigan 1

Sincerely

Mary rizner

Hey Mary,

PM me your contact info. I have some info. to share ; a possible option

12. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Snicker Bar:

Leslie Ann (06-18-2020), Mel1959 (06-19-2020), RockyPops (06-18-2020), stepnstone (10-18-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy2019 View Post
    Where do ppl usually post for squirrels that need homes? I am waiting on the one in georgia.cant find the Michigan 1

Sincerely

Mary rizner

Mary,

I PM'd you the phone number and craigslist email for the baby in Michigan. Fingers crossed!! Were you able to get in touch with them?

14. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Papabear90 from:

BCChins (06-19-2020)

Default Re: Looking for a nonrelease

Still looking. 1 someone was selling in Georgia was already gone. Just updating

Sincerely
    Mary r

There are squirrels listed today looking for homes.

https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...safe-home-asap

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy2019 View Post
    Just wanted to say thank you for this board. I have been looking everyday for a nonrelease. A couple ppl contacted with a possible NR but it didnt come into apparitions.
    I still am consumed with grief over ozzy's passing to the point I havent saw a friend in 4weeks , barely out of bed , and had doctor place me on wellbutrin.

It's so hard

Sincerely
    Mary R
    Join the Squirrel rehab group on facebook. They are always looking for people to take in babies.

Mary, a friendly non release with 2 broken back legs

https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...h-old-boy-grey

Just listed, approx 7 weeks, closer to home...
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...mpaired-female
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

Quote Originally Posted by stepnstone View Post
    Just listed, approx 7 weeks, closer to home...
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...mpaired-female
    Mary, I am in North GA mountains, near NC border. My sweet girl Robbi has sight issues in left eye. Right eye is perfect. Had a bite mark I'm assuming was from the mom - maybe realized she had sight issue and kicked her out. The head wound is healing nicely and she is eating really well and gaining weight appropriately. I thing she will be a non release. Are you interested?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12