Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which one is the right heavy whipping cream

Default Re: Which one is the right heavy whipping cream

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    By "milk" you mean the Fox Valley formula?
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by insupitilla View Post
    Omg thank you so much for the tips and im really concern that today the hand feeding process may have not been proper. What signs would i have to look in case I suspect aspiration may had happened.
    With AP they usually have a persistent "click" with each breath. Hold them to your ear like a phone and listen very carefully... flyers are harder to detect the click as they are so small.

They will also become very lethargic and lose their appetite with AP.

Having antibiotics on hand is a very good idea.

2. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Spanky:

Chirps (04-13-2020), insupitilla (04-13-2020), RockyPops (04-13-2020)

You say it’s a 5 week old boy. Could you post a pic to evaluate the age? I read back and you were getting a 6 week old and that was 11 days ago so that one would now be approaching 8 weeks. The reason for my curiosity is that an 8 week old flyer would probably be weaning or at least trying to wean. By the way, baby flyers have a greasy look to their fur. When they get older the greasy look disappears and they have silky soft, smooth fur.

If this one is 5 weeks old and hand raised I’m surprised that he is resistant to the formula. He should be anxious to take it.

You asked a question a while back that was never answered about Esbilac. Of course, NOW we don’t recommend any Esbilac but the liquid Esbilac has always been problematic so we never recommended it. It is not the same as the powder and always caused diarrhea.

4. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

Chirps (04-13-2020), insupitilla (04-13-2020)

In case he develops it what is the time window for it to happen?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    ???

With AP they usually have a persistent "click" with each breath. Hold them to your ear like a phone and listen very carefully... flyers are harder to detect the click as they are so small.

They will also become very lethargic and lose their appetite with AP.

Having antibiotics on hand is a very good idea.

Im typing from my phone and its a lo g story to type lol will get back to you as soon as i get to a pc

Thank you for the guidance

Quote Originally Posted by HRT4SQRLS View Post
    You say it’s a 5 week old boy. Could you post a pic to evaluate the age? I read back and you were getting a 6 week old and that was 11 days ago so that one would now be approaching 8 weeks. The reason for my curiosity is that an 8 week old flyer would probably be weaning or at least trying to wean. By the way, baby flyers have a greasy look to their fur. When they get older the greasy look disappears and they have silky soft, smooth fur.

If this one is 5 weeks old and hand raised I’m surprised that he is resistant to the formula. He should be anxious to take it.

You asked a question a while back that was never answered about Esbilac. Of course, NOW we don’t recommend any Esbilac but the liquid Esbilac has always been problematic so we never recommended it. It is not the same as the powder and always caused diarrhea.

7. Serious fuzzy thank you's to insupitilla from:

RockyPops (04-13-2020)

Name:  2D1B4E28-CD52-4065-95CD-0A5B17DEEE1A.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  91.5 KBName:  D16B8A08-2915-4827-AB73-411E7A9032F7.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  117.1 KBName:  EFF69BF7-6EF1-4261-9FE2-53FB32459A5A.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  114.6 KB

Oh yes, he is a young one. I see the greasy fur look.

Im really worry about today first hand feeding and the slightly possibility that it went wrong. Any idea when should i be on the clear related to this incident. He did not have liquid through his nose though. 😞
    Does he look healthy for 5 weeks or little skinny?

Oh yes, he is a young one. I see the greasy fur look.

Liquid in the nose isn’t really an issue. The issue is when formula gets into the lungs. If he is going to get sick, you will know soon. I’m sure he is probably fine. Do you know if he was hand raised? I’m thinking, no. He should have taken it willingly.

Based on the pic he looks fine. It’s hard to tell from a pic but they are pretty small and lean at that age.

12. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

Chirps (04-13-2020), insupitilla (04-14-2020)

Yesterday’s night the feeding went way better he does get super fast to the syringe and I always make sure i go slow enough that he can lick the syringe no even sucking it. But even when going that slow he gets this little/medium amount of milk(i still giving him esbilac because im transitioning with the instructions provided here) under his mouth/chest. I attempt to clean it with a warm Humid paper and then try to dry Out that humidity with a towel. Any other way I should do this? Is this milk accumulation normal? Let me know please

Yes, it’s normal. Some are messier than others. I guess it’s like kids. Some are tidy and others are slobs.
    Just make sure you get the formula off of the face and neck. If left, it will cause hair loss.

Also I brought him to my playground area today and when exploring he started doing like a little whistle here and there along with the respiration but not always and then stopped doing it and since we are worried about the aspiration im super scare plus I’ve already heard him like the normal crying noise and this one wasn’t the crying one. Anyone knows about this. Thank you so much for the guidance guys.

Ps after exploring the area the weird noise was over. And he is being really active at all times and is eating his orange super good.

What kind of playground?

When they are babies, they aren’t fully nocturnal. When they get older they are totally nocturnal.
    They don’t mind you waking them up during the day to play but for the most part, they sleep all day.

Was the sound a chirping sound?

More like a diminutive squeaking sound like im bothering him but is just had done it once or twice.

What kind of playground?

When they are babies, they aren’t fully nocturnal. When they get older they are totally nocturnal.
    They don’t mind you waking them up during the day to play but for the most part, they sleep all day.

Was the sound a chirping sound?

Wink Re: Which one is the right heavy whipping cream

I saw him during early evening going through his entire body and doing like a little bites or self cleaning is that normal daily? Him doing that to himself?

19. Serious fuzzy thank you's to insupitilla from:

RockyPops (04-14-2020)

Yes they do groom themselves but you should watch that closely. Flyers are also known to ‘barber’ which is an Obsessive Compulsive Disorder type issue where they overgrow and pull out their hair. Some will groom to the point of baldness of any spot they can reach.

21. Serious fuzzy thank you's to HRT4SQRLS from:

RockyPops (04-14-2020)

Question lol attempting ro prepare the transition formula and my question is can i premix the percentages of formulas for the two feedings before hand or it should be mix (when both are already prepare hours before to the liquid state) at the moment of the feeding. Sorry to be asking too many questions. ��

Also you recommended FV 20/50 based on the issues with the 32/40 but also for the then baby to be age’s. The baby i got is 5 weeks and my secong question would be if it would be safe to use the same FV 20/50. Thanks a lot
    I’m sure he is already on the Esbilac so go ahead and use it until you receive the Fox Valley. I hope you ordered the Fox Valley 20:50.

When it arrives mix a batch of both formulas. THEN, you will transition by incrementally reducing the Esbilac.

75% Esbilac..... with 25% Fox Valley ( 2 feedings )
    50% Esbilac..... with 50% Fox Valley ( 2 feedings )
    25% Esbilac..... with 75% Fox Valley ( 2 feedings )
    100% Fox Valley

When the baby arrives, can you post a pic so we can assess the condition? I hope to see a fat, healthy baby but if not I would transition faster. Is this a flyer or grey?

Name:  5BDC4B8A-9680-412E-8012-12C0B44A2014.jpg
Size:  79.7 KBI've seen him lately scratching his face area very often. Any possible reason?

I’ve bought nesting cotton would it be ok to use for her little box for now?

I also have an ant problem so I cannot leave the orange there or idk what to do in this case. Today I found the orange slice inside the box full of ants and i even checked him to see if he had have any on him.

6th question 😅🤓

Im using a blender because even with warm water the esbilac is having mist. Is that ok

Quote Originally Posted by insupitilla View Post
    Name:  5BDC4B8A-9680-412E-8012-12C0B44A2014.jpg
Size:  79.7 KBI've seen him lately scratching his face area very often. Any possible reason?

I’ve bought nesting cotton would it be ok to use for her little box for now?

I also have an ant problem so I cannot leave the orange there or idk what to do in this case. Today I found the orange slice inside the box full of ants and i even checked him to see if he had have any on him.
    Most of us don’t use nesting cotton like that just fleece or blankets. You might try removing it and putting the baby in a blanket and see if the itching stops. I’m not sure what type of ants you have but I’d be cautious about them with your baby if they’re the biting kind.

Terro makes a great ant bait product that is relatively harmless and does a good job of killing the whole colony. You just place the bait traps where you see ants and they eat the liquid Borax bait and take it back to the colony. As long as you don’t disturb the ants as they’re swarming and attracted to the bait they will eat enough to kill the queen and the whole colony.

Thank you so much for the answer about pre mixing the two formulas esbylac and fv before the hand feeding sessions, in my case i was instructed two hand feedings per percentage change, could i just premix the percentages for the entire same percentage session or each mix should happen right before the feeding?
    Also for a 5 weeks old im using fv 20/50 ?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    Most of us don’t use nesting cotton like that just fleece or blankets. You might try removing it and putting the baby in a blanket and see if the itching stops. I’m not sure what type of ants you have but I’d be cautious about them with your baby if they’re the biting kind.

Terro makes a great ant bait product that is relatively harmless and does a good job of killing the whole colony. You just place the bait traps where you see ants and they eat the liquid Borax bait and take it back to the colony. As long as you don’t disturb the ants as they’re swarming and attracted to the bait they will eat enough to kill the queen and the whole colony.

27. Serious fuzzy thank you's to insupitilla from:

Mel1959 (04-15-2020)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast